• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    In doin some exploring tonite I ran across a company called extrema ratio knives out of Italy and wondered if anybody on here has used one or has any experience with them I saw one especially called the RAO that is probably the most tank-like folder I have seen, so I was curious about em seein as the pricepoint on it is around $300 I probably won't be picking one up any time soon

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i would love to have a RAO!!! ER makes some very good knives. some seem a bit uncomfortable, but i like the styling. they feel good in the hand for the most part, and have quality componants.

i would say, go for it!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Gun writer Leroy Thompson has written about ER knives in SWAG Magazine a couple of times. He really likes them.

I thought they looked interesting.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow.

rao-00-main-horizontal.jpg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    They are great looking blades. I've been looking at them for a couple years now and there's something about them that I really like in particular. While sweeping curves in a blade are pretty, I have suspected for some time they aren't the most efficient means of cutting tissue - especially when piercing at the tip. I look at broadhead technonolgy for bowhunting and I don't see a sweeping line but a defined angle and I imagine a defined angle cutting wet, soft tissue more effectively than a sweeping curve and puts the maximum width of the blade deeper into the soft tissue, making a bigger wound channel. This is a completely untested theory but I can see it in my mind cutting veins and arteries as it penetrates rather than pushing them out of the way.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    It's a badass knife but I can no way come close to warranting the purchase of a $300 plus dollar knife, now if I came across a used one somewhere maybe

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol 300 bucks on a good folder isn't a bad price at all :) i have dropped that before on a couple different striders. now that i am poor i can't do it but for something that you will easily be able to pass on to your kids and they will probably be able to pass on its not bad at all

Top Bottom