Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    39 bullet wounds found on man shot by police | ajc.com

By TIM EBERLY

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

An autopsy on a man killed in a July gunfight with Atlanta police revealed the man had several gunshot wounds to the back but could not confirm what his family claimed — that an officer stood over Montellis Clark’s body and fired numerous shots into his back.

The autopsy on Clark, 28, revealed a total of 39 gunshot entrance wounds — five in his back, according to the autopsy report obtained Tuesday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution through an Open Records Act request.

Clark’s gunshot injuries included 19 wounds to the chest and back, 12 to his legs, six to his arms and one wound each to his buttocks and neck.

But it’s possible that some wounds were caused by the same bullet if, for instance, a bullet pierced Clark’s arm before entering his stomach, said Dr. Karen Sullivan of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office, who performed the autopsy July 16.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Is there such a thing as "excessive deadly force"? There is no force greater than deadly force. So excessive would have to be force greater than deadly. Would eternal damnation force be greater than deadly force?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My dad said that if you have to shoot him then, "Shoot 'em to the ground!" Not my job to determine how long it takes to get him on that ground.

If you have 4 officers with 17 rounds per mag, and they all open up then the math says: 68 potential hits.

These stories are dumb. Unless you are claiming desecration of a corpse, I just don't get it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Parable

I can't quote this word for word or cite the article but the gist of a similar event in Florida is: After killing an officer, a man died in a shootout with police. He was shot a large number of times, let's say 42 just so we'll have a number. The Sheriff (hisself) was interviewed by a TV reporter who asked why officers shot the guy 42 times. The answer was........ that's all the ammo they had.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    These things happen when you shoot at the police. After the first round is fired, the paperwork is the same. Many people have been killed by wounded opponents. In a gun fight, the loser usually dies. What kind of coroner or ME wouldn't know an exit wound from an entrance wound anyway. Oh, i forgot. They're in Fulton County. That says it all.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is there such a thing as "excessive deadly force"? There is no force greater than deadly force. So excessive would have to be force greater than deadly. Would eternal damnation force be greater than deadly force?

I almost blew my drink out my nose. I am using this one! Thanks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Isn't that what the media called Black Talons? Damnation bullets?

Last edited:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't quote this word for word or cite the article but the gist of a similar event in Florida is: After killing an officer, a man died in a shootout with police. He was shot a large number of times, let's say 42 just so we'll have a number. The Sheriff (hisself) was interviewed by a TV reporter who asked why officers shot the guy 42 times. The answer was........ that's all the ammo they had.

It may or may not be the same case, but last year there was a guy wanted for murdering a cop and they cornered him in the woods. SWAT was called and he came out with a gun and they unloaded with their MP5s. He wound up with over 60 holes in his body. There were something like 6-10 guys with FA Mp5s, so really they just each gave him a burst.

I can't really remember the details, but I do remember that doing the math it really didn't sound as bad as the media was trying to make it out to be.

Long story short. If you don't want to be perforated like a colander, don't shoot at cops.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    He wound up with over 60 holes in his body. There were something like 6-10 guys with FA Mp5s, so really they just each gave him a burst. Long story short. If you don't want to be perforated like a colander, don't shoot at cops.
    Sounds like pretty good shot placement to me!!! Any YES... suicide by cop!!! :yesway:
    :cheers:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

SANDURZ Light speed, too slow?
    HELMET Yes, we're gonna have to go right to...ludicrous speed!
    spaceballs_15.jpg

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you have 4 officers with 17 rounds per mag, and they all open up...

...how long will it take the dead perp's aunt (since his parents can't be found anywhere) to cry on TV about what a good boy he was and how he was turning his life around after getting out of prison the last time?

Sorry, this just reminds me of one of those God-awful story problems from math class. <shudders at flashbacks>

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom