• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    HELP!!!! My Google Fu is weak on this subject. I have an excel spreadsheet that I fill out then convert to PDF (it is a template file that makes life better). For some reason, this afternoon, Adobe decided to split each column into its own separate page. I can't get it back to being one group, and I have no clue what went south on it or why! Any ideas?

Thanks!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Print preview the excel file to make sure that is correct. Page layout view allows you to change the print area if it's not.

Saving as a pdf is essentially printing but instead of a paper coming out of the printer it's a pdf on the computer.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm sorry but I don't think here is enough info to really be helpful to you here. Perhaps screen shots of what it looks like and what it's supposed to look like would help us help you sort it out.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How are you converting to PDF? Save As, Print, or Export?

I tend to use Print with good results. At least you will get a preview that may help determine what went wrong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Highlight the columns you want to print and go to "file tab" and select "set print area" first and give it another go.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    How are you converting to PDF? Save As, Print, or Export?

I tend to use Print with good results. At least you will get a preview that may help determine what went wrong.
    This
    Highlight the columns you want to print and go to "file tab" and select "set print area" first and give it another go.
    This, too.

Set Print preview to see if the print area is what you want. Verify the layout works with the paper you're using. Print to PDF, then print from Adobe to a hard copy.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Print preview the excel file to make sure that is correct. Page layout view allows you to change the print area if it's not.

Saving as a pdf is essentially printing but instead of a paper coming out of the printer it's a pdf on the computer.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Thanks! That worked. My label maker was set as the printer and it was affecting the print option. Got it working!

Top Bottom