• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My apologies nighthawk. I understand now. They do seem to be the favorite lines of defensive family members. Its like how after a tornado, the TV station always goes to a trailer park and get the most idiotic person to recount the story.

Why, in the name of half-assed journalism, would you go talk to the family members of a suspected thief/rapist/murderer? Do you really expect they are going to say "oh yea, Uncle Billy always seemed like the kind of guy who was going to snap and kill somebody. We figured it was a matter of time" Why interview these people who are rarely objective?

[racial profiling on] He is most likely a minority, [racial profiling off] and we have to avoid the possibility of racism at all costs, don't we?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am reminded of a shooting where the 16 year old tries to rob a 7/11 type store. Clerk shoots him once and kid falls dropping his weapon on the counter. As the kid gets back up and tries to grab his weapon the clerk orders him to stop. Kid grabs weapon and gets plugged 3 more times by clerk. This time the kid stays down.

Weapon turns out to be a BB replica and kid ends up in hospital before going to jail.

When the press quotes mom, she says "he didn't need to shoot him so many times!"

I.E. He deserved to get shot some....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The fact remains that he can have his record expunged (spelling?) when he turns 18 no matter how many times he gets in trouble.
    After having his record expunged he will start over with a "clean record" as if he had never been in trouble before!!! Any offenses at that time are "first offenses"!

The judge has the choice to expunge. It's not an automatic process. You have to ask the judge for the courts to expunge the record and they have the power to say yes or no. Most times if they are convicted and jailed for felony offenses they do not allow expungment. I can't see one good reason that they would allow it in this case and if they do, the judge needs to be unseated in the name of public safety.:n00b:

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    he should be waved to adult court for that, no doubt he'll be in and out of juvy till he's an adult, he'll probably commit more crimes as an adult and eventually kill someone before finally getting locked up for a good long time, nobody who is that bad that young is going to lead a law abiding life

Top Bottom