I suppose you could wear a Kilt.

923.JPG

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The Gunbunnies look much better in a bit shorter version of that "kilt" and without the shirt and tie thingy... could still have a smoking jacket on though... Would look very professional... or they could get together with one of the body paint artists I know... hint hint... Sorry had to put my foot in my mouth this morning already... had to start the new year off right don't you know...

I'd post pics but the mods would edit my posts then and I'd just get chastised for my idea af art...

When are you opening the new store ???

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Next thing you know there will be a secret handshake to enter the new store. Will they need to validate the parking for all those fancy cars showing up ?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well we had our "final inspection" today for the new cigar lounge.

We did not pass :(

BUT all the news about the problems were very minor issues. We didn't have any fire extinguishers mounted at the exit, no biggie I have those, I just didn't know they had to be mounted for this inspection :dunno: There is an outlet that needs to be switched to a GFI, but that is actually the landlord's problem. There were a few other minor things, we removed a door in the rear area, they want it put back . . . little stuff like that. Nothing they said was unreasonable, nothing they said was major. Honestly everything should be rectified in a matter of a couple days. :)

We are making progress :yesway:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well we had our "final inspection" today for the new cigar lounge.

We did not pass :(

BUT all the news about the problems were very minor issues. We didn't have any fire extinguishers mounted at the exit, no biggie I have those, I just didn't know they had to be mounted for this inspection :dunno: There is an outlet that needs to be switched to a GFI, but that is actually the landlord's problem. There were a few other minor things, we removed a door in the rear area, they want it put back . . . little stuff like that. Nothing they said was unreasonable, nothing they said was major. Honestly everything should be rectified in a matter of a couple days. :)

We are making progress :yesway:

They want fire extinguishers in a place where folks are going to be actively producing flames and smoking bundles of leaves for pleasure and enjoyment?? :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I dropped off fire extinguishers this morning, they need to be inspected/tagged and installed. I've got a fireman from the Lake Hills V.F.D. who runs an inspection/tagging service that will be called for that.

A door between the backroom and the sales area has been installed already, I don't know why its needed but its there now. We will discuss the GFI with the landlord today or tomorrow as that is her issue to resolve. The other minor issues should be resolved in the next few days too. So things are looking up. One of the biggest issues is painting a "handicapped parking space" and given the weather we are facing that might be a bit of a challenge?

We are still waiting for the glass windows in the Humidor. We are also waiting for the granite surround for the fireplace, that is not due until early next week. Basically I suspect we should have everything resolved pretty quickly.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I dropped off fire extinguishers this morning, they need to be inspected/tagged and installed. I've got a fireman from the Lake Hills V.F.D. who runs an inspection/tagging service that will be called for that.

A door between the backroom and the sales area has been installed already, I don't know why its needed but its there now. We will discuss the GFI with the landlord today or tomorrow as that is her issue to resolve. The other minor issues should be resolved in the next few days too. So things are looking up. One of the biggest issues is painting a "handicapped parking space" and given the weather we are facing that might be a bit of a challenge?

We are still waiting for the glass windows in the Humidor. We are also waiting for the granite surround for the fireplace, that is not due until early next week. Basically I suspect we should have everything resolved pretty quickly.

I was in the fire service and I would say the reason for the door is a fire break between the two rooms and make sure the handicapped parking spaces(s) are in blue paint,I enjoy the cheap people who use yellow paint. The more work you do is taking away from your semi-retirement time.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I will be at Pine tomorrow morning. I've got a 24 hour respite from work. Time for cigars and cheap wine (because I like cheap wine).

Will anyone be around tomorrow morning?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I should be there about 10am.

I've got a 9am meeting at the new lounge with the fire extinguisher inspector. After that I'll be coming straight to Pine Island. Bob Anderson is supposed to stop in too. But I'm not sure if he is coming into the new store at 9am to inspect the humidor room or if he is coming to Pine Island around 10am.

Too bad you missed Wednesday, we had a nice size crowd with some of the usual suspects plus some Wednesday newbies. Aclark showed up for his first Wednesday, Juan also had a couple businessmen show up, one is an avid duck/deer hunter & cigar smoker with some land off of Rt 8. I had talked to him a few times but this was my first time meeting him. Nice guy. The other guy was a banker, seemed nice, but was really there to talk to Juan about a business transaction they are working on together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom