• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've been working as a delivery driver for an auto parts place, one of our customers is a John Deere dealer....I love that place, and the cool mowers and tractors, my inner little boy remembers the peddle tractor my grandpa had.....

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was raised in the city, I do not have any attraction to dirt or tractors, I even hate lawn mowing.

But on the other side of the coin, I really like food, so I am really, really glad that many people do like working in the dirt with tractors. I especially like the guys that grow Steak, I mean raise cattle.....and Bacon, cannot forget Bacon.

sp1shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2023
    Corydon
    This was mine in my previous life in CO. 1968 Ford 3000 Industrial. It was originally yellow. I did not paint it!

Happy birthday to your Dad.

Attachments

• 3D36D122-0698-4DBE-B5D6-E04A503A6C74_1_105_c.jpeg
      3D36D122-0698-4DBE-B5D6-E04A503A6C74_1_105_c.jpeg
      335.3 KB · Views: 7

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Actually would not mind mowing the yard with that tractor and a 6-8 foot finish mower…
    We keep about 1.5 acres mowed on the property next to us. The farmer has a barn to store his equipment and lets us put in a sizable garden. In return I keep it mowed for easier access. Super nice neighbor, we watch out for each other.

Don

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Happy Birthday!

8430. A classic in my eyes. That's the first "big" tractor I remember seeing as a kid. Our neighbor across the road was one of the biggest corn and soy bean producers in Michigan and this was the first 4wd, articulating tractor he bought. He even plowed our driveway with it back in the great blizzard of '78 (and several other times).

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I hate mowing lawns, my wife loves it.
    However, I will ride this all day long with a 6' brush cutter on it and be happy.

Don
    View attachment 311464
    Just noticed the cat in the pic. That's Lucky, we had her 8 years. There were about 10-12 kittens in the barn when something got in and killed all of them except her. She was hidden in a piece of drain pipe. We took her to our daughters whose cat was nursing kittens. Got her back after 6 months. Lucky ran the whole show, she was the dominant female and kept all the others inline. Even our Australian Shepherd was afraid of her.

Surprisingly friendly to us and wanted to be petted. Most are semi feral and skittish.

Don

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Happy Birthday!

8430. A classic in my eyes. That's the first "big" tractor I remember seeing as a kid. Our neighbor across the road was one of the biggest corn and soy bean producers in Michigan and this was the first 4wd, articulating tractor he bought. He even plowed our driveway with it back in the great blizzard of '78 (and several other times).

He loves that tractor, it’s a beast! Had it for 30 years. Air conditioner quit, muffler gave out so he put a strait pipe on. All the neighbors know when its out, you can hear it for miles.
    Everything from the motor back is obsolete, be a nightmare trying to find parts, takes up a bunch of shed space. I have replaced it with a front wheel assist newer tractor but it’s what he wants to drive. Fine by me.

Top Bottom