• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a firearm stolen from or with a vehicle?

• Total voters

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    For those of you who never leave a gun in your car, and don't believe locking the car is considered locked up.
    Do you lock all your guns in a gunsafe bolted to the floor and wall at home?

ETA: Because I know I sure don't and a lot of people on this forum don't. You folks, like I probably carry at all times even at home, but do all of your family members? I know of many people that leave shotguns behind doors, or in corners with full buttstock shellholders. And when we leave, we lock the doors. Ours aren't extremely valuable, just break action H&Rs, but that's good enough for a quick pick-up if there is a situation, like a ankle biter on a leash barking at us from the yard.

Last edited:

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You take security very seriously yet tell the whole world where and how you hide your firearms in your vehicle and what is needed to bypass the locking mechanism, as most vending machines have tubular locks (Pro-Lok PKX-A1 7-Pin Tubular Ace Pick at OutdoorPros.com) :dunno:

Putting in enough effort to find me, figure out which vehicle I use when armed or transporting a firearm, guessing how to disarm my alarm system and then attempting it.....lets just say it would end badly for those that try. And "most" is not all.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Truth is to painful for you so you project your unhappiness onto me by instant dislike...all while admitting guilt. A bit thin skinned aren't you??

You need a therapist.

Not thin skinned at all. As I said I made a mistake (20 years ago) leaving a weapon in my vehicle, in my own driveway, in a low/no crime area when I was tired from driving all night, and I admitted it so others might learn from it. You want to attack everyone on this forum who has a LTCH, because if you do, you WILL have occasion to have to leave the weapon in your car or not have it with you at all when taking kids to school, attending school functions, going to work, going to jury duty, the city/county building, the airport, the post office or any other place that forbids firearm possession. Because a person has a crime committed against them is not a reason for them to not own firearms NEWBIE. It is a calculated risk that many of us have taken over the years so as not to be defenseless.

As to my need of a therapist, does that diagnosis come from your Marine Corp Advanced Psychology degree? Some in the government think veterans have the problems, need the therapy and perhaps should not own weapons. Instead of looking for allies you look for gun owners to alienate with your snap judgements and harsh words about who should own firearms.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Gentlemen, I tend to be dead blunt and honest in my opinions. Leaving a firearm in a vehicle unsecured by a lockbox is not only foolish but irresponsible. I made valid points in this thread and pointed out failure of proper security.

Those of you that took a hostile tone received it in kind, no apologies from me.

If you cannot take the proper measures to secure your firearms then maybe you should at least start carrying a cable padlock to lock to the seatpost as at least a stopgap. No perfect but better.

If you are on an internet forum and cannot take criticism over an admitted mistake on your part, you have issues.

As to the NEWBIE comment, I have been here a long time, given and received advice, helped others with technical problems (both online and IRL). My postcount belies my age and my experience, as those here who know me can attest.

If you don't like my opinions, block me. I genuinely don't play well with others and could care less.

Have a nice day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gentlemen, I tend to be dead blunt and honest in my opinions. Leaving a firearm in a vehicle unsecured by a lockbox is not only foolish but irresponsible. I made valid points in this thread and pointed out failure of proper security.

Those of you that took a hostile tone received it in kind, no apologies from me.

If you cannot take the proper measures to secure your firearms then maybe you should at least start carrying a cable padlock to lock to the seatpost as at least a stopgap. No perfect but better.

If you are on an internet forum and cannot take criticism over an admitted mistake on your part, you have issues.

As to the NEWBIE comment, I have been here a long time, given and received advice, helped others with technical problems (both online and IRL). My postcount belies my age and my experience, as those here who know me can attest.

If you don't like my opinions, block me. I genuinely don't play well with others and could care less.

Have a nice day.

Blunt...yes

Wrong...no

Point taken.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel

Have a nice day.

There is a huge difference between criticism and constructive criticism.

IMHO, Calling people stupid, or saying that they need a therapist is not helpful.

You can keep your advise, I'm not sure how stable it is.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Have a nice day.

I think you made valid points as well, but sounded like an assbag doing it.:twocents:

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County

Have a nice day.

Now we're getting some potential solutions to those of us that have jobs and can't carry them into work or the courthouse or the post office. If I have to leave it at home there really isn't any point in having one for protection is there. Thanks for the cable lock idea bigkahunasix it's not great but it's better than nothing. Does anyone else have a suggested solution.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

Have a nice day.

You could care less? Wait, what?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What if, hypothetically of course, :whistle:, one works where one is not allowed to even have weapons on the property, secured or otherwise? Would you (hypothetical "you" of course) disregard the rules and be unarmed between work and home? Or would you go by the adage that it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission (even though forgiveness is not likely to be given)?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom