• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    wow. i understand you just messed up but seriously you just run off and leave the gun on the floor. definitely not a good decision at all
    You go ahead and shoot yourself and the guy standing next to you, and then tell me that the adrenaline and other things don't mess with the way you think/process thoughts. Come on, that is one of the very basics of SD; you can, in no way, even comprehend how your body will just "take over" when something like that happens. Give the guy a break...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How did Captain Tactical set himself and buddy on fire?

Finger? Holster? Belt? Mechanical failure of the weapon? String on the Captain Tactical vest?

Good lesson here: Stop . . . fiddling . . . with . . . the . . . guns!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    How did Captain Tactical set himself and buddy on fire?

I chose the wrong username... I should have went with "Captain Tactical"

This could have been my avatar:

images

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I cannot tell; the resolution is too bad...

Whatever it is, I believe this shows that it is not "drop safe"....

I think it went off before he dropped it. He removed it from the holster to put it in the lock box when it discharged. I only watched the video once though so I might have missed something. Surprised they have lock boxes in such close proximity to so many prisoners.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I think it went off before he dropped it. He removed it from the holster to put it in the lock box when it discharged. I only watched the video once though so I might have missed something. Surprised they have lock boxes in such close proximity to so many prisoners.
    I think he was taking it out of the lock box and putting it in his holster. You can see him, as he walks to the box he gets the key out of his pocket, then you can clearly see him remove the gun from the very bottom lock box.

His vest or something must have caught the trigger as he went to holster. I think his mistake was that he was "too comfortable" holstering his firearm. He did it very quickly, with purpose, and didn't use his free hand to hold his clothing out of the way. Nothing wrong with clearing leather quickly, but there is absolutely zero reason to re-holster quickly.

Everybody can have mistakes/accidents/bone-headed moments. I'll chalk this up to one of those.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Holster slow! Was there a need to rush right there? I was taught to enter the holster then thumb on the hammer. Slow into the holster to feel if the hammer comes back. If it does then stop.

Any debate on thumb checking into the hoster?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Any debate on thumb checking into the hoster?

Very little. In the Stone Age I was taught to keep my thumb on the hammer of the 1911 while holstering. Nowadays most are taught to keep the firing grip in case the pistol needs to come out again.

He did it very quickly, with purpose, and didn't use his free hand to hold his clothing out of the way.

"Speed holstering" looks cool and is the new hotness but speed holstering is usually what sets students on fire at the range. With that goofy new hotness appendix carry it can really hurt.

Top Bottom