• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Stray bullets from neighbor's shooting range damage Will County home | abc7chicago.com

Stray bullets from neighbor's shooting range damage Will County home

The neighbors knew they were there.

The stray bullets came from a shooting event that was advertised on the Internet. The event took place in the backyard of a home that has a shooting range.

Gaskin was told an organization called DMZ Tactical was holding the event. The shooting range was set up with a berm facing a line of homes.

The Gaskins' next-door neighbors were also hit. A bullet is lodged in their deck.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Except only LEO can shoot at a fleeing bad guy. Self defense means ending the threat, if they are running there is no threat...

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Is that supposed to be a comedy video?

Damnit Mike...can't you read? This is no laughing matter. Here...for the guy who can't READ I'll make it bigger. Now lets all go watch it again to make sure we didn't miss anything.

pros.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If it is, I'm not laughin'.

My head hurts.

...and I don't see the OP's refered to quote anywhere on the page - where is that exactly?

Frank, if you go to the link provided, the quote is there. Sadly though, I don't think thats the worst quote. The one where he says it is a waste to asses after you tap rack, because you have to be sure the gun is working, so you might as well fire off a round anyway, is priceless.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We are all dumber now for having watched that video.

He makes learning a non-diagnostic malfunction clearing process sound pretty good.

During his description of the double feed clear I had to keep repeating "rip, rack, reload" over and over just to keep from throwing my iPad.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Except only LEO can shoot at a fleeing bad guy. Self defense means ending the threat, if they are running there is no threat...

Really? What if they are running for cover to engage you from a better position? There is case law in Florida where a guy was acquitted for shooting a guy in the back with this defense. Bottom line, if the guy was retreating and wanted no more trouble, he should have dropped his gun.

Granted, that's a big chance to take with a jury, but at least you're not dead. Not sure I want to be the Indiana test case either. But this defense has been used successfully. I am not advocating shooting anyone in the back, but I have considered what I may do if in fact I feel they are still a threat and just running to a better firing position. It's a tough position to be in... waiting to see if they still want to kill you, or if they are really leaving. :twocents:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Really? What if they are running for cover to engage you from a better position? There is case law in Florida where a guy was acquitted for shooting a guy in the back with this defense. Bottom line, if the guy was retreating and wanted no more trouble, he should have dropped his gun.

Granted, that's a big chance to take with a jury, but at least you're not dead. Not sure I want to be the Indiana test case either. But this defense has been used successfully. I am not advocating shooting anyone in the back, but I have considered what I may do if in fact I feel they are still a threat and just running to a better firing position. It's a tough position to be in... waiting to see if they still want to kill you, or if they are really leaving. :twocents:

...if a felon was running away with my child or a loved one, I can say I'm about 95% that I would shoot them in the back.

Top Bottom