• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    youmj.jpg

Anyone have any further details. Over on GT they are saying Fire and EMS are still authorized to receive the discount, but if thats true, why remove it from the list in the first place?

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    We got that letter too. I will have to call and see whats going on.
    Let me know what you hear, Im gonna try and call Thursday, unless you have found something out by then. Our local shop that participates in the program has no knowledge of this.
    Well da*&, I was just getting ready to go to Jenkins and buy a G19. I guess i'll just have to go check out the Springfield XDM 3.8!
    So now that you cant get the discount, your going to buy a more expensive gun :dunno:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    what a slap in the face to fire and EMS for lumping them in the same group as the anti-freedom TSA nazis.
    We originally fell under Homeland Security, which is why we were eligible in the first place. Thats not really any better IMO

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Let me know what you hear, Im gonna try and call Thursday, unless you have found something out by then. Our local shop that participates in the program has no knowledge of this.

So now that you cant get the discount, your going to buy a more expensive gun :dunno:
    Called our Glock rep today and he wasnt in so I should hear from him tomorrow some time.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    buy an M&P pistol. once you fire one you will never wanna touch a glock again.
    This^.

I recieved a tentative answer from our Glock rep that since fire and EMS are no longer under DHS they were removed from the program but he said he will check and make sure and let me know a definite answer. I think its BS if its true.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This^.

I recieved a tentative answer from our Glock rep that since fire and EMS are no longer under DHS

Not really sure what he means there. I’m pretty sure the U.S. Fire Administration is still under DHS [ http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/ ] and EMS has always been under the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) [ http://www.ems.gov/index.htm ]. Fire and EMS are also still governed by the Indiana DHS in this state.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never understood why Fire depts and EMTs were on that list on the first place anyway.
    Dont get me wrong im all for them to have discounts if they can, I just thought it was just for LEOs and military.
    I never seen any EMT carrying a gun.
    If its for anyone working for the federal gov, state or city in that case why not include teachers and other jobs.
    Just wondering. :)

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I never understood why Fire depts and EMTs were on that list on the first place anyway.
    Dont get me wrong im all for them to have discounts if they can, I just thought it was just for LEOs and military.
    If its for anyone working for the federal gov, state or city in that case why not include teachers and other jobs.

^this.

Why be exclusive? Glock sells enough guns that they would still make money if they sold them to everyone at "Blue Label" pricing. If all Glocks were sold at that price, I imagine competitors might have to adjust their own pricing somewhat to remain competitive. Then maybe I could afford that Walther PPS I want. I think you are on to something here. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    ^this.

Why be exclusive? Glock sells enough guns that they would still make money if they sold them to everyone at "Blue Label" pricing. If all Glocks were sold at that price, I imagine competitors might have to adjust their own pricing somewhat to remain competitive. Then maybe I could afford that Walther PPS I want. I think you are on to something here. :):

Especially for a cheap plastic gun who must cost less than $100 to produce. ;)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

they should!!! you wanna talk about a selfless thankless and dangerous job, go be an EMT or a Paramedic! I have nothing but respect for those that perform their job the best they can. that is one dangerous job with all the crazy people they come across and many times with no police backup! :patriot:

Top Bottom