• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Lewisville
    I get to work today and I see an employee in the assembly area working with an empty blackhawk serpa on his belt. Not sure why he would unholster gun to come into work, instead of removing holster and gun. Seems kind of crazy to me. Could end up with some unwanted attention from management. :dunno:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Maybe thats what he's looking for! Maybe the guy who stole his lunch last week will think twice this week!

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    As my company does not allow firearms to be carried by employees, when I actually go into my office downtown, as opposed to working remotely, I Transfer my EDC to a secure location in my vehicle. I don't remove my holster as it is unnecessary.
    That is just me though.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    As my company does not allow firearms to be carried by employees, when I actually go into my office downtown, as opposed to working remotely, I Transfer my EDC to a secure location in my vehicle. I don't remove my holster as it is unnecessary.
    That is just me though.

I also lock my firearm in my vehicle and bring my holster with me, mainly because I have a IWB for my XDs. If I leave it in my car during winter months it mighty cold on my hip, so I keep it in my locker. Never have had a problem with management, yet!

Coolhuntermike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Goshen
    I carry but can not carry at work due to the fact i work with kids in schools but i have thought about carrying my concealed holster with me just to get more used to having it on me as i go about my business hope this makes sense.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I thought about doing the same, but decided against it. If they don't allow weapons, they will surely not welcome an empty holster on an employee. Maybe since it's in the assembly area, and not a job where you have to interact with the public, they let it slide. They may ask about a weapon in the vehicle, which is protected and the employee doesn't have to answer. But they can still fire you for refusing to leave your holster in your car.
    But, the chances of that happening are probably small. Most companies aren't super anti-gun, they have those policies for liability reasons. And they don't want a gun introduced into the workplace.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This could be an invitation for the less scrupulous to break into your car looking for the gun.

That's a pretty good point.

Maybe they won't know what car is yours. Maybe he doesn't work with knuckleheads. Maybe it's a well secured parking lot....but that's a lot of maybes.

This is a point worth considering.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I thought about doing the same, but decided against it. If they don't allow weapons, they will surely not welcome an empty holster on an employee. Maybe since it's in the assembly area, and not a job where you have to interact with the public, they let it slide. They may ask about a weapon in the vehicle, which is protected and the employee doesn't have to answer. But they can still fire you for refusing to leave your holster in your car.
    But, the chances of that happening are probably small. Most companies aren't super anti-gun, they have those policies for liability reasons. And they don't want a gun introduced into the workplace.

I agree the chances of being fired for an empty holster are small. After all it is an accessory. The belt it is attached to is more dangerous.

As far as below, not only do they have to know what car is yours, but they need to be able to find the firearm. Good luck in mine. Plus my garage is video monitored.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prepgal
    This could be an invitation for the less scrupulous to break into your car looking for the gun

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    It could be possible that he is not using the paddle option and does not want to remove belt to take holster off. I will admit, the first time I used the paddle holster from blackhawk it was a pain to get off my belt.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    if I'm wearing my leather pancake holster (that requires me to undo my belt two loops to get it off) or my crossbreed (can be a ***** getting on and off inside a car) I just leave mine on with a shirt draped over. Most of the people where I work have arsenals of their own and wouldn't care much anyway. My leather pancake holster looks like it could be passed off as a part of my belt. Sometimes I'll even use it to carry my electric screw gun if I need to climb a ladder. Maybe management at some places of employment are afraid you might take it off and throw it at somebody.

Top Bottom