• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Having contacted Senator Braun (and Young for that matter) several times on 2A issues, well I guess they don't delete the email addresses.

Positives: didn't mention hunting; spelled infringing correctly (it's not spelled impinging); recognizes the scope of what is happening; recognizes .gov at that level can be FUBAR.

Negatives: Gives the current Senate too much credit; holds up Indiana's Laird Law (that's what we call it here Senator.)

As described by our resident LEOs for how the Laird Law is applied at their level: the words "probable cause" eliminate much concern.

The 2019 version of the Laird Law is SIGNIFICANTLY better than what was on the books starting in 2005. Does Senator Braun know of the changes?

As someone who has written into my office on important issues in the past, I wanted you to be one of the first to see my statement on President Biden’s Executive Order attacking the Second Amendment.
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 8, 2021

Braun Statement on Biden’s Executive Order Against the Second Amendment

INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    – U.S. Senator Mike Braun released the following statement regarding President Biden’s announced executive orders today:

"President Biden’s executive order on gun control is so extreme that even the Democrat controlled Senate would never pass this bill that is a blatant assault on our Second Amendment rights. We all want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally ill, but that can’t come at the expense of infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens like a federal assault weapons ban - a one-size-fits-all approach from the federal government rarely works on any issue, including the Second Amendment. Other states should consider real solutions like Indiana’s red flag law, with proper due process protections."
    - Senator Mike Braun

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I received the same email and pretty much had the same reaction.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Having contacted Senator Braun (and Young for that matter) several times on 2A issues, well I guess they don't delete the email addresses.

Positives: didn't mention hunting; spelled infringing correctly (it's not spelled impinging); recognizes the scope of what is happening; recognizes .gov at that level can be FUBAR.

Negatives: Gives the current Senate too much credit; holds up Indiana's Laird Law (that's what we call it here Senator.)

As described by our resident LEOs for how the Laird Law is applied at their level: the words "probable cause" eliminate much concern.

The 2019 version of the Laird Law is SIGNIFICANTLY better than what was on the books starting in 2005. Does Senator Braun know of the changes?

As someone who has written into my office on important issues in the past, I wanted you to be one of the first to see my statement on President Biden’s Executive Order attacking the Second Amendment.
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 8, 2021

Braun Statement on Biden’s Executive Order Against the Second Amendment

INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    – U.S. Senator Mike Braun released the following statement regarding President Biden’s announced executive orders today:

"President Biden’s executive order on gun control is so extreme that even the Democrat controlled Senate would never pass this bill that is a blatant assault on our Second Amendment rights. We all want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally ill, but that can’t come at the expense of infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens like a federal assault weapons ban - a one-size-fits-all approach from the federal government rarely works on any issue, including the Second Amendment. Other states should consider real solutions like Indiana’s red flag law, with proper due process protections."
    - Senator Mike Braun

When the battle starts on the floor of the senate the true colors of our elected officials will become very clear. I hope that enough will defend our 2A rights to defeat the continuing assault on this right and all of our other rights. Many talk the talk but will they walk the walk when needed.
    I remain skeptical about their true convictions and hope that I am proven wrong.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

- Senator Mike Braun
    There we have it. Chipman shouldn't even be allowed to possess a gun.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Could you point me to a TL;DR of the changes from the original?
    Strengthened the language. Removed "could be a danger in the future" (who couldn't be a danger in the future?) and replaced with "is an immediate danger to self or others".

Replaced "emotionally unstable" (not a diagnosis, emotionally unstable is a broad term that covers many things) with "suicidal".

Established time-frames for appearing in court, after specific time the oneness is on the State to prove the individual is still a danger rather than on the individual to prove innocence.

Provides that a Judge may have a third-party store firearms vice Police storage.

Codified that Police Departments are liable for damage to firearms confiscated under Laird Law.

May not be exact language, but that's ballpark close.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Strengthened the language. Removed "could be a danger in the future" (who couldn't be a danger in the future?) and replaced with "is an immediate danger to self or others".

Replaced "emotionally unstable" (not a diagnosis, emotionally unstable is a broad term that covers many things) with "suicidal".

Established time-frames for appearing in court, after specific time the oneness is on the State to prove the individual is still a danger rather than on the individual to prove innocence.

Provides that a Judge may have a third-party store firearms vice Police storage.

Codified that Police Departments are liable for damage to firearms confiscated under Laird Law.

May not be exact language, but that's ballpark close.
    Thank you so so much! This is great to know!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you so so much! This is great to know!
    2019 was a good year at the Statehouse. Strengthened protections under the Laird Law as well as passing Civil Immunity for lawful use of deadly force, and Church Carry (when there is a school on same property.)

2021 was looking to be a great year until recently...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I received the exact same message from Braun.
    I have never received anything back from Young.
    he's far too busy telling others he was a Marine.

His service crutch is almost as annoying as Carson's claims of being former LEO. (No, busting underage college kids with booze is not equal to being a REAL LEO :rolleyes: )

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I see Braun as a work-in-progress. He's come a long way from either not mentioning the 2A in his campaign ads or saying "I'm a hunter". 2A as an issue of self defense and liberty, seems to be coming into focus for him but some of the details are still fuzzy. I wouldn't be astonished if he said "high capacity clip"--but I think he'd understand that the issue is "people control" not "gun control".
    As an establishment republican, young seems to be AWOL on the 2A unless it's to say "send a check cuz...democrats"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I see Braun as a work-in-progress. He's come a long way from either not mentioning the 2A in his campaign ads or saying "I'm a hunter". 2A as an issue of self defense and liberty, seems to be coming into focus for him but some of the details are still fuzzy. I wouldn't be astonished if he said "high capacity clip"--but I think he'd understand that the issue is "people control" not "gun control".
    As an establishment republican, young seems to be AWOL on the 2A unless it's to say "send a check cuz...democrats"
    We should find out soon what both of them think about having a sociopath in charge of the ATF.

Top Bottom