• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    It's official....we received our letter from GE Capital today that our merchant agreement will be terminated effective 2/18/2013. Although they originally told us this would only affect online sales, the letter indicates they are terminating both online and retail merchant business. We still accept credit cards and ACH/Echeck as well as checks by mail....and also offer our 90 day layaway plan....so we do have several other payment options. GE was just our only deferred interest finance option.

ACH/Echeck is the preferred payment option as you can quickly and securely pay online and still receive the lowest advertised cash discount price. Please keep in mind this payment option, like credit cards, is processed by a secure third party and not Budsgunshop.com. We must hold all orders paid via ACH/Echeck for 5 business days before the funding is confirmed and we can release/ship your order. The 5 day hold is really not an issue at this time as we are not shipping most orders within 5 days anyway....more like 2-3 weeks ! We are doing our very best folks....please be patient with us.....this too shall pass.
    Looks like the banks are on Obama's side.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Shame... GE made some darn nice guns back in the day.... for the military...

I work for GE.. On the energy side of things.. I'd like to see the letter that Bud's got from GE..

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I can't believe how little stock Buds seems to have now. I have been watching their site the past few weeks and there's very little on it. They have no Benelli shotguns, as an example.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks for sharing but.........

Looks like the banks are on Obama's side.

Thanks for passing this info on. I see no explanation from Bud's as to why the merchant agreement was cancelled.

I mean no offense but this is how rumors get started. Allow me to correct your statement as follows: Looks like ONE BANK MAY BE on Obama's side.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On Obama's side... In his side pocket.

So BoA, GE Capital, (I'm sure there are more) are turning down profitable business arrangements out of ??? conflicting philosophical ideology??? At the expense of profit???

I say coercion. Someone (obama admin) is leaning on the banks - not in a friendly manner.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Sounds like a back door firearms restriction. If companies/customers cannot have a transfer of funds to one another for firearms/ammo then essentially they are restricting. Kind of like a prohibition on firearms sales. Maybe its just another one of my tin foil thoughts.

Bank of Omerica, GE Capitalism, Geico & others I'm sure, have stood up against firearms related businesses.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    The Aurora and Sandy Hook shooters fathers both worked for GE financial and were supposed to testify in the LIBOR scandal. I'm sure this isn't related in some way. :tinfoil:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    no one has stock and it is going to hurt the economy of firearm stores so is obama going to offer them a bail out nope hint hint that is what he wanted

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    GE is the great corporate Satan!

I was heavily recruited to work for them and had to repeatedly tell them both in person and over the phone I had no interest in working for them.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wouldn't it be a clever business move that if you knew your deferred interest finance plan was going to be cancelled, for any reason, you don't state, but seem to imply that it's the result of an anti-gun financial institution so that you cant curry favor with the gun community and deflect speculation about whatever financial issues may be behind the cancellation?

Naw, conspiracy of the government to kill 20 kids, or whisk them away to whatever island the "Prisoner" was on (if the kids ever really existed) we can accept here at INGO. That a business may lose part of its financing for business reasons....that's a stretch.

Top Bottom