• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    My wife Came and asked to come look at this. Between/under the Lilac bush and the house IMG_7373.JPG IMG_7375.JPG there was a nest in the mulch with these eggs in it. They are about the size of a large Chicken. Since we found them, we have been watching them But have seen nothing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't seen any this year yet, but we usually have a family of them that comes through. They don't seem to hang around though, thankfully.
    Destructive. Nasty. They crap everywhere. Knock over anything that looks like a trash can looking for food. Get in the garden and tear it up. I have them in security late at night.
    Trapped 2 so far. 1 left and it’s not going near the live trap. Maybe it smells the demise of its buddy’s in it.
    Sorry for the thread jack.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do ducks not Tend to their eggs?
    Plan on getting batteries for the Trail Camera tonight .
    I would think they would under normal circumstances, unless something drove them off. In our case, we had a pair of mallards that would visit, but we never saw them hanging out for any length of time.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My wife Came and asked to come look at this. Between/under the Lilac bush and the house View attachment 201788 View attachment 201789 there was a nest in the mulch with these eggs in it. They are about the size of a large Chicken. Since we found them, we have been watching them But have seen nothing.
    Snapping turtle or large snake? Are the hard like a chicken egg or leathery?

Just messing with you. Looks like bird.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Have a fox that lives in the woods behind the house and occasionally wanders through the yard. Eggs in a mulch nest wouldn’t last long here!

Top Bottom