• STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just got an email from the ATF:
    =======================================================================================

Upcoming ATF eForms Technology Upgrade​

DECEMBER 17-21​
    US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    ltbl_original.jpg
    This is an advance notice to current eForms users about the upcoming launch of a new version of ATF eForms.
    The goal of this “modernized eForms” is to provide ATF with an infusion of technology to provide better services to our industry members and the public. This much needed modernization will reduce the effort and time required to review and process ATF applications by incorporating online validations and other enhancements.
    No action is needed at this time. However, there are some required steps you'll need to complete after the upgrade is finished (details below).

Outage period​

In order to facilitate this upgrade, eForms will be offline during the following time frame:
    Upgrade Start: Friday, December 17 at 9 p.m.
    Tentative Finish: Tuesday, December 21 at 6 a.m.
    You can continue to use the existing eForms until the upgrade starts at 9 p.m. next Friday. During the upgrade time frame, however, eForms will be unavailable.

What you need to know​

The web address of eForms is not changing. If you have bookmarked eForms in your browser, it will automatically access the new eForms.
    Your eForms User ID is not changing. All your previous submissions will transfer to the new system.

Required steps after upgrade​

We're updating the eForms login process to provide enhanced security and establish a trusted relationship between the user and ATF. Here's what you'll need to do after Dec. 21:​
    1. After the upgrade, you'll need to manually reset your password before you can log in for the first time.
    2. Once you log in with your new password, the system will ask you to update your user profile information and create a security PIN.
    Please review our step-by-step guide with screenshots, but do not complete these steps until the upgrade is complete on Dec. 21:
    Existing Users - First Time Login Steps (docx, 1.75 MB)
    New Users - First Time Login Steps (docx, 1.33 MB)

What to expect​

Once the upgrade is finished, you may notice a few changes in the eForms interface. Here's what to expect:​
    • ATF eForm 4 is coming back. After the upgrade, you will be able to submit the ATF Form 4 electronically through eForms.
    • Electronic submission of ATF Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 with the required electronic documents.
    • Electronic submission of fingerprint cards for ATF Form 4. You will be able to attach your “digital fingerprint cards” to your submission.
    • Support for larger file attachments. The updated eForms will accept electronic documents up to 30 MB in size.
    • Enhanced validations to ensure that the upfront validations of your data occur prior to submission.
    • User PIN for validating the submission of all forms as part of the submission process.
    • Self-service support for forgotten passwords and PINs.
    • Rules of behavior that must be accepted to proceed with the use of eForms.
    • “Ask the Expert” to send your questions to our subject matter experts.
    • Use of smarter technology to improve customer service and build a foundation for future enhancements such as an Application Programming Interface (API) and Captcha.

Contact us​

In our efforts to provide you continuous support through this transition, we have created five temporary email mailboxes to help us assist you:​
    It is our goal to have ATF personnel monitor these mailboxes to assist you with a response within 3 business days.​

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I got this email after tried to reset mine:

"Please contact the ATF Help Desk (1-877-875-3723) to reset your eForms account password. Thank you for using ATF's eForms system."

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I got this email after tried to reset mine:

"Please contact the ATF Help Desk (1-877-875-3723) to reset your eForms account password. Thank you for using ATF's eForms system."
    Everyone that had an eforms account for Form 1s, everyone whose done paper Form 4s, and likely a ton of noobs are over loading the system right now. Everyone is having issues.
    I was able to update my account this morning around 8am, it took about 45 minutes between waiting for the reset email and for pages to load.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    I had to contact the ATF Help Desk and have them reset my password as the website would not move past the "next" click after you input your email. They called me back after 10 minutes and reset it for me over the phone.

Submitted a Form 1 on 12/24. Had to be patient.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I registered new without any issues yesterday and ordered a Texas Silencer Company Hunter can on the 23rd, so we will see how quickly it gets processed.

Just checked and the atf eform site is down right now, probably swamped by people trying to register.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    Any idea how we upload fingerprints?
    I just mailed (2) FD-258 paper forms per the ATF eForms instructions. When I went through the eForms for a Form 1, there was not option to submit fingerprints electronically. I know there are some LGS with Kiosks that you can electronically file fingerprints, but I wonder if they are more for a Form 4 where someone is purchasing a silencer and the fingerprint submission actually is sent to the SilencerShop.com as part of helping the purchaser navigate the Form 4 submission.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Any idea how we upload fingerprints?
    You'll be able to attach a digital copy. You'll probably be able to get it from SiShop if you've used their kiosk before. Everything is still being rolled out I'd assume more functionality is coming.

Attachments

• D338DAA1-8106-4B2F-A91C-579280820684.png
      D338DAA1-8106-4B2F-A91C-579280820684.png
      360.3 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    Theoretically you should only have to do it once. One time payment for a file on my computer seems preferable to rolling my own everytime.
    Emailed PrintScan and got an email back. They will have a specific service dedicated to ATF's efiling up and running in a week or 2. They make it sound like a 1 time print and you get your .EFT file on a flash drive to bring to your dealer whenever you efile a form 4.

I took advantage of SilencerCo's BOGO deal. I'll efile and mail in my prints for my original suppressor and I'll efile with digital fingerprints when my free can arrives and I'll see if it's any faster.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Emailed PrintScan and got an email back. They will have a specific service dedicated to ATF's efiling up and running in a week or 2. They make it sound like a 1 time print and you get your .EFT file on a flash drive to bring to your dealer whenever you efile a form 4.

I took advantage of SilencerCo's BOGO deal. I'll efile and mail in my prints for my original suppressor and I'll efile with digital fingerprints when my free can arrives and I'll see if it's any faster.
    I am doing the bogo too so looks like I'll be going the same route. Thanks for calling them. I had it in my to do list to give them a call this week.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I can't even get past the warning banner splash screen to login right now. Nothing much has changed with eforms. It's still a terribly designed, slow POS website and I assume that's on purpose to slow people down doing anything NFA related

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I can't even get past the warning banner splash screen to login right now. Nothing much has changed with eforms. It's still a terribly designed, slow POS website and I assume that's on purpose to slow people down doing anything NFA related
    It only does that while flooded with people. You can easily log on during non-business hours. Their server cannot handle the large influx of people. Too bad you have to complete the form 4 with your ffl instead of having them do their part then allowing you to do your part at home at a later time.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I got in I think like 4 hours after I posted that. My point still stands though. The website seems to be about 20 years behind in web design lol.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Bought a SiCo Osprey 9 on Friday, just got the e-signature done through DocuSign. I guess in three-ish months we'll see if there's any truth to these 90 day estimate rumors.

Top Bottom