• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Another +1 for Wilderness Original Instructors Belt. I currently own two. Both belts are 5 stitch. One is 1.5 inch and the other is 1.75 inch. My advice when wearing jeans stick with the 1.5 inch. It is very difficult to wear my IWB with the 1.75 as some belt loops on jeans just plain don't fit the belt or the belt is too thick for the belt clips as the belt loops force the belt about an eight of an inch lower than the top of the jeans.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Just a update I went with a 1.5" SOE Cobra belt and love it. It definitely helped me have better retainment of my Glock 17 in a OWB Fobus holster. SOE was very timely in shipping out the belt and accommodated my request very smoothly (got a black belt with the gold buckle).

Big thumbs up to SOE!! Now I just need to get a Glock 19 and a IWB holster because im finding concealing the 17 to be a hassle with my build.

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    My belts

Im looking at a Original SOE EDC belt but since im new and want to go though as little trial and error I was wondering if I should get one with velcro inner or without. I would wear this mostly with jeans daily, even when not carrying (yes I know but Im not allowed to carry at work).

Does anyone have experience with this company or EDC belts?

This is what im looking at:
    Original S.O.E. Gear

I have 2 of their belts, linked below. I bought them while depolyed, I have just returned from depolyment and have started wearing them with everyday clothing and holsters. LOVE THEM!. They do make getting the belts on and off kind of a pain, but the support they give to the holster makes it very worthwhile. I would do as recommended and order the same size as your pants, but if you happen to gain weight, they will work out a couple of inches. Good luck with your purchase, I think you will be happy with it.

Original S.O.E. Gear

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    While I was on the fire department, we got out belts from places like Zuckerberg's and The Uniform House in Indianapolis. When I retired I started using those belts to carry. They are made of heavy leather and are almost 2" wide. They are very good and, while not cheap, they are not all that expensive either. They are stiff enough to wear OWB holsters and not have them pull away from your body.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I have a belt made by my local Amish leather worker. Thing is built like a tank. Quarter inch thick and inch and a half wide. ...

Same here - thick Amish made leather belt from local workwear/surplus store. Plenty of support for what I carry.

It also doesn't look "different" than a regular belt, so it doesn't attract undue attention.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    MITMFUSA!
    :rockwoot:

SOE belts are good to go. I have a murdered out EDC belt w/o velcro lining that it stiff enough to handle anything I attach to it. I would definitely put the quality up there with anything from Ares Gear (Ranger belts) and Jones Tactical. They're fast too. Typically you'll have your belt in just a few weeks from them!

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I have 2 of their belts, linked below. I bought them while depolyed, I have just returned from depolyment and have started wearing them with everyday clothing and holsters. LOVE THEM!. They do make getting the belts on and off kind of a pain, but the support they give to the holster makes it very worthwhile. I would do as recommended and order the same size as your pants, but if you happen to gain weight, they will work out a couple of inches. Good luck with your purchase, I think you will be happy with it.

Original S.O.E. Gear

Im very pleased. I did a into to IDPA class yesterday and wore the belt with my Fobus OWB with a Glock 17 in it and a double mag holder and it made the weight of the equipment disappear! I couldn't believe it verses having to cinch a regular belt very tight to just hold up my gun.

Top Bottom