• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    Hi..Wondering about a Flambeu case for AR15.
    The foam in them is more like egg grate style and not sure if it is sturdy enough for the Rifle and two 9mm Handguns.
    Any advise would be great.
    I will use the case for travel to and from shooting range.
    Model number of case is 6489NZ
    Dicks Sporting Goods has them in stock for around $40.00.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I would highly recommend a soft case, especially if you're looking at the low end of the scale. The less expensive hard cases flex, the latches fall off, and just generally suck. A Pelican/Storm or even SKB's are a different story... And IMO, hard cases are a PITA to transport compared to a soft case. Guns are pretty tough, so unless you treat your firearms like a baggage handler, I'd stick to a padded soft case. :twocents:

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    I built an AR15....so case didn't come with the upper. I want something that will hold 2 9mm and the AR15.
    Probably going to buy this since its only $35.00..If I don't like it I will save it for a long rifle.

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    I purchased this exact case for my AR-15, I paid $40 for it and I love it. I use it for the very purpose you would, just to get my rifle to the range and back.
    It does come with plastic dividers and Velcro straps, which I used for holding extra magazines, but if they were not installed, I would have plenty of room for a couple of 9mm pistols.
    The included straps and foam hold my rifle very securely and I have not noticed any unusual wear yet after several trips to the range.
    It's not as bulky as it appears, but finding a spot to stash it at the range is sometimes a pain, as opposed to a soft case which could be folded if need be.

This is an older pic, but hopefully it shows off what you're looking for.

MJVhHlX.jpg

Top Bottom