• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Just looked at my statistics and noticed that I haven't replied to a post since 2/8. Posted a review for a reloading class and have listed a few items in classifieds.

The cop bashing continues in my absence. There is a lack of questions or discussions and the results are threads where the haters are free to say anything they wish. Frank N Stein basically left 6 months ago and I'll likely join him as soon as my Kimber sells (if the Mods don't kick me off the site for posting this). I would like to think that we all have something to learn AND something to contribute to this forum but I find myself believing it less and less. I learned tonight that every LEO is a POS, we all make up reasons to stop people, that we are a bigger hassle than the criminals, that we don't follow any rules, that the prosecutor will stick up for us every time, that we molest 17 year old girls on the side of the road, that we are raising a generation of juveniles to hate us.

What I've learned in real life over the last few months? A young lady that swims for the high school team that I volunteer assistant coach for wrote an essay talking about the impact my coaching has had on the team and her as an individual. Another young man on the team is going into LE because of the way I treat the team members and stated that they all look up to me. The 20 year old gear head in town that makes all sorts of noise and is always up until 4:00 am and will always stop by if he sees me grabbing coffee so we can talk for a few minutes.

I guess real life is where the real lessons are. I guess this is good bye.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I see this kind of thing at so many forums that I frequent. You aren't going to avoid it. You have to take it for what it's worth because you usually are only reading one side of the story. I'm not law enforcement but I can't think of many other careers where you should be thick skinned. Honestly, I don't know all of the rules here but does this forum have a way of reporting posts? Good luck as you move on from here.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I couldn't agree more the lack of respect is directly exhibited by the admin & some of the mods. When the leadership fails to be a class act it opens the doors for other to follow.

This is not the doing of the admin or mods. I did not mean to imply that in any way. I have the utmost respect for the mods as it is a volunteer position. Also, Fenway has done a great job assembling this site to serve Indiana gun owners.

I see this kind of thing at so many forums that I frequent. You aren't going to avoid it. You have to take it for what it's worth because you usually are only reading one side of the story. I'm not law enforcement but I can't think of many other careers where you should be thick skinned. Honestly, I don't know all of the rules here but does this forum have a way of reporting posts? Good luck as you move on from here.

I am thick skinned. I don't get into the verbal wars with people over the internets anymore because of that. I won't report every post that I deem offensive but if a large portion of the posts are BS, I will just go to happier pastures.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't like the cop bashing either. But I'm not a fan of bashing at all.

But, with this forum, the number of good things about it outweigh the bad. Visiting other forums, it's getting rare to find that.

I wouldn't let a few "bashers" keep me away. Just click ignore on the, and enjoy the goodness of INGO. But, if you feel that that is not enough, that's your choice. I personally hate seeing good members leave this great forum, and I hope you come back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have only been on this forum for a short while. I have seen some of what you speak of but it is a lesser level here than some of the other forums I have seen. There are a few Haters on here but they do stand out and are easily avoided. A comment here and there usually shuts down the extreme BS.
    I think most folks have at some time in their lives had a bad experience with the LEO but if we are at all honest with ourselves we brought it on by our own actions. There is a lot on here that rings positive and I for one have learned a lot in my short time here.
    Go if you must but when good folks abandon something, it is easier for those of low moral fiber to influence.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I couldn't agree more the lack of respect is directly exhibited by the admin & some of the mods. When the leadership fails to be a class act it opens the doors for other to follow.

I would feel much better if you and others would simply send me/us/them a PM and explain what leadership failures you have witnessed. I really attempt to be a patient person, but it's getting pretty old getting called out about stuff that really can't be controlled. I will personally await your PM and please don't go the way of "they will mark me" or anything like that, because I can really care less about the internet drama.

Similar to the OP who has devoted a great deal of his time to coaching and made a huge impact in the lives of some of his athletes, we have done that on INGO. In the same vein, I'm sure some of the parents and athletes do not agree that he's done such a great job, because they or their children aren't experiencing the same level of success. I'm sure there are some he appears to threat a bit harsher and some much less, but that's coaching; a coach has to lead the team, not just individuals. I'm sure he doesn't devote his time to the whiners who don't really contribute to the team and only complain, but those who are attempting to make the team better.

I for one will come clean and put it this way, I'm not here to teach people how to respect any field of employment. If the officers on this forum care to defend themselves, which I think is unnecessary, they have the opportunity to do so. Some of those who post those threads believe in their own mind they are providing a service and others KNOW they are only "poking the bear." Either way, I can certainly do a search to see which threads you have raised the standard and provided a reasonable response to those posts, and I will after I receive your PM, but in the meantime it's up to all of us to say something once in a while. It gets old when there are only a few coming against the negative, just to get beat down by the many, while others sit behind their keyboards and blame the actions of others on the nine people who are doing their best to make this an enjoyable forum.

In short, simply point out where any of us have shown disrespect. You can do it publicly, where I reserve the right to respond, or privately and it will be kept that way.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Frank N Stein basically left 6 months ago and I'll likely join him as soon as my Kimber sells (if the Mods don't kick me off the site for posting this).

I guess INGO is like a cop, it sucks until it's needed. If I didn't like the place as you have stated, I would just leave and sell my gun somewhere else or just keep it. I do hope the gun sells and you don't have to worry about us closing or messing with your WTS ad. BTW, Frank isn't the only LEO that has/is participating on INGO. I see many officers who reply to some of those threads in a way that allows people to see both sides of the argument/complaint. Others just simply ignore it and move on. If you are in need to see the citizens of INGO come to the defense of the LEO community, just look at some of the threads and you will see it.

If this really is "good by," then stay safe and thanks for your service.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Not to be peeing in a pot that isnt mine especially since I am knew but Its the internet arent we adults? Sure theres cop bashing and cop lovingl you have to have one to have the other. I see it as an alert citizenship keeps the .gov from overstepping their bounds. Maybe the LEO's here learn things from the Cop bashing?

We can bash obama, gingrich, romney, the fed, Noobs (like me) and no one seems to care but a LEO gets involved and people get offended? Its the Internet.

I work in security no one remembers the good things I do but the minute Im not fast enough for a call the world is ending.. If you dont like the bashing or think its unfair why not just stay out of those threads? Dont partake in them

I mean come on there is guns, girls and bacon here.. That beats any old cop bashing any day

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    There are good people and bad people, good cops and bad cops. Police officers are always in the public eye and as a LEO you should always be ready for negative criticism. Greats cops are out there doing good everyday, but not everyone sees or hears about it, but when one abuses his power and makes out to be a bad person and it is caught in public, people will hear about it.

If I see a police officer abusing his position I'm gonna bash that particular officer. And if he doesn't receive the right disciplinary action, then I would probably bash the rest of that force. Even when other cops know their partners have done wrong most of the time they stand behind one another.

Hope you dont leave. I have not been here that long, but I do know there are some good LEO here. Good luck to you, stay safe.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The LE profession has taken on a Stasi-esque quality. In many parts of the country it has ceased being about public service and protecting the populace and become all about protecting the state and enforcing the state's authority and power.

Are we not supposed to discuss it? Are we not supposed to be outraged at the usurpation of power by LE via the state? Surely you are not suggesting we thank our overseers for the privilege of having our door kicked in without cause, are you?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Look, you will always find people that support and people that bash a group.

LEO aren't special to that rule. They get love and hate, just like military, christians, muslims, athiest, black people ,white people, gun owners, smokers, gear heads, and the list goes on.

Look past the hate, and grow a thicker skin, and kudos to you for being an upstanding role model in the community and thanks for your service with the police.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    LEO aren't special to that rule. They get love and hate, just like military, christians, muslims, athiest, black people ,white people, gun owners, smokers, gear heads, and the list goes on.
    Look past the hate, and grow a thicker skin, and kudos to you for being an upstanding role model in the community and thanks for your service with the police.

+1

I can't stand people who are intolerant of other people.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I don't bash cops, but just because you are a cop does not mean you are one of the best and the brightest, and just because you are a good coach does not make you a good cop.

My father was a cop and he was also an abusive, gambling drunk who lost the rent money and the food money and then took it out on my mother, so just being a cop does not buy you anything with me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc[/ame]

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    All I can say is: you think you've got it bad? Try being a Glock owner around here, who carries a .40 cal (G27) ...OC ...I shot a 1911, once ...and it didn't really do much for me. :dunno:

Okay, that should take some heat off of the OP ...you can thank me later. :D

In my next post, I'll admit to not really liking bacon.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is: you think you've got it bad? Try being a Glock owner around here, who carries a .40 cal (G27) ...OC ...I shot a 1911, once ...and it didn't really do much for me. :dunno:

Okay, that should take some heat off of the OP ...you can thank me later. :D

In my next post, I'll admit to not really liking bacon.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Look.....I can deal with the 1911 stuff but Bacon is totally off limits....OK....:draw:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    At a cook out yesterday, the host had fried up some bacon and put it on the tray with the lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, etc to be put on TOP of the cheeseburgers. My 9 year old son came through the line and loaded up on bacon. He had something like 10 pieces on his plate. He said it was to eat, and I said, no you were supposed to take a piece or two at the most and put it on your sandwich, not take 1/2 of it!

Too funny.

Oh yea, sorry for the thread hi-jack. Bye again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc[/ame]

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just looked at my statistics and noticed that I haven't replied to a post since 2/8. Posted a review for a reloading class and have listed a few items in classifieds.

The cop bashing continues in my absence. There is a lack of questions or discussions and the results are threads where the haters are free to say anything they wish. Frank N Stein basically left 6 months ago and I'll likely join him as soon as my Kimber sells (if the Mods don't kick me off the site for posting this). I would like to think that we all have something to learn AND something to contribute to this forum but I find myself believing it less and less. I learned tonight that every LEO is a POS, we all make up reasons to stop people, that we are a bigger hassle than the criminals, that we don't follow any rules, that the prosecutor will stick up for us every time, that we molest 17 year old girls on the side of the road, that we are raising a generation of juveniles to hate us.

What I've learned in real life over the last few months? A young lady that swims for the high school team that I volunteer assistant coach for wrote an essay talking about the impact my coaching has had on the team and her as an individual. Another young man on the team is going into LE because of the way I treat the team members and stated that they all look up to me. The 20 year old gear head in town that makes all sorts of noise and is always up until 4:00 am and will always stop by if he sees me grabbing coffee so we can talk for a few minutes.

I guess real life is where the real lessons are. I guess this is good bye.

ಠ_ಠ

Top Bottom