• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Great pics. I was messing around in the woods yesterday with a couple of buddies when 2 eagles flew overhead!! It was the first time I've ever seen one. No mistaking what they were!!! Very majestic in flight.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Hancock Co.

great pictures has anyone heard of eagles being spotted around hancock county?

Yes... I have heard of some spottings in Hancock Co. I was overhearing a conversation, so I am not CERTAIN of the location. I can ask. My kids just got excited about seeking out some eagles, so mabe we will go for a Hike around Hardy Lake.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I saw in the SB Tribune that Potato Creek SP now has a pair there. The park is hoping that they nest there.

I was there on Tues this week and saw a bunch of people looking at "something" and wondered what it was. Then 2 days later I saw in the paper that they had a Pair of Eagles there. Guess I need to go back and check it out.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    For those of us in the north there are several places i have seen Bald Eagles. JC Murphy lake (or Willow Slough) has a few flying around that were reintroduced there and in the extreme north along the Little Cal river in Hammond there are several of them

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I seen my second one this year on Lake Lemon. Also seen one eating a dead deer in an open field a hundred yards outside of Nashville.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield

Yes. I personally seen one while mushroom hunting on a friends property just north of greenfield. We walked up close to the tree where it was nested and it surprised us as it took flight. We didn't see it before that. Sure enough though, it was an eagle.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana

Had this juvenile Bald Eagle fly over my house.(Hancock County)
    4594003952_c0960c3079_z.jpg

Also had one use the trees behind my pond as a place to roost for a while.(Hancock County)
    5221968009_d0477868c9_z.jpg

Got these guys at Summit Lake State Park in New Castle (Henry County)
    6814660095_f70158fc77_z.jpg

Got this guy in Shelbyville (Shelby County)
    6643981139_95c8272688_z.jpg

Top Bottom