• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Tried to efile a form 1 tonight with no luck. I would get to step 3 and the site would freeze up every time (ATF not responding). Has anybody had success with anything other than Internet Explorer 8. I tried it 5 or 6 times before I saw the message about browser problems if it wasn't IE8 or Mac X. It said they were trying to resolve the issue but.....how long!!!!! I'm ready to get this done!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    The site is usually down on Wednesdays, but that doesn't explain your trouble this morning. I've had the best luck with Firefox, even Safari seems to lock up on the payment step.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I also used FireFox without issues. The only problem I ran into was I didn't realize they did maintenance on Wednesdays as stated above. Once I figured that out, no more problems.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Finally got it. Just changed my browser, I can't even login on my IPhone. Oh well problem solved and I'll try and remember to not submit on Wednesday's. Thanks for the help everyone.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Actually, on Wednesdays the site is not down for maintenance. It is closed to the outside world so that the ATF employees can use it without having it bogged down by the unwashed masses. The system is grossly underpowered.

I seem to recall that I had some issues when I used Chrome to file and wound up having to use IE/Edge.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Actually, on Wednesdays the site is not down for maintenance. It is closed to the outside world so that the ATF employees can use it without having it bogged down by the unwashed masses. The system is grossly underpowered.

I seem to recall that I had some issues when I used Chrome to file and wound up having to use IE/Edge.

IE Edge is whet I was originally running and it would freeze up in the exact spot every time. I swapped over to Pale Moon and made it went through. I did notice that when I used Pale Moon IE it skipped the electronic document page I was getting froze up on? Now I just hope I got everything submitted correctly.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    When I filed mine (January), Firefox was buggy for me. I got Chrome and it worked fine. All I use chrome for now is the Efile site. I'm gonna have to read up on this Pale Moon thing...

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    When I filed mine (January), Firefox was buggy for me. I got Chrome and it worked fine. All I use chrome for now is the Efile site. I'm gonna have to read up on this Pale Moon thing...

Pale Moon is nothing more than a scaled down version of Fire Fox. Stripped down and light weight.

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    They still don't have the bugs worked out nor do they have it back up fully. You would think they could make it more efficient.

Top Bottom