• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nashville News - Despite a spate of murders, the Tennessee legislature rushes to liberalize gun laws - page 1

I found this article through my Yahoo alerts. I'm not sure what to think of the author because in one paragraph he sounds Pro-2A:

But will Tennessee fall prey to such weakness? Hah! Our legislature is more likely to pass a law requiring pregnant moms to carry them in maternity wards.

Less than 24 hours after the killings, the House Judiciary Committee passed a bill allowing handgun permit holders to ride around with loaded rifles and shotguns in their vehicles. After the committee voted, the bill's sponsor, Rep. Henry Fincher, said he hadn't heard of the Alabama shootings, but no matter. If any of our courageous licensed gunmen had been nearby with their pistols, they would have killed the shooter before his death toll reached 10, Fincher said. So what we need are more guns, right?

And then a couple paragraphs later he sounds Anti-2A:

Even as the legislature is moving with astonishingly little debate to let licensed gunmen carry weapons into saloons, parks and other new places, those same gunmen have been accused in three murders in the past five weeks. The latest is the tragic killing of a part-time model in the Memphis suburb of Bartlett. The other two were road rage shootings.

In one case, the permit holder killed a motorist after an accident, then pointed his .40 caliber pistol at a witness trying to dial 911, according to police. Another gun nut killed somebody in an argument over a parking space, police say.

Then there's the permit holder who shot and wounded his wife while cleaning his loaded Glock. And the one who pleaded guilty to assault after threatening his wife with his weapon.

Incredibly, there's been no mention of these crimes as all these gun bills have been moving through the committee system. Zip. Instead, legislators are trying to make secret the list of state permit holders, so the public will never know when they've committed a crime.

Then at the end he says how he's a Dem, possibly a Libtard, maybe a Contard...

But those are negative thoughts. And negativity is exactly what has led Tennessee Democrats to this little rough patch in their history. Then again, why do anything when platitudes will suffice.

Hard to know what to think on this one. Score one for Tennesse, but they have a helluva battle ahead of them. Same with Alabama.

See? Indiana isn't so bad after all!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Nashville News - Despite a spate of murders, the Tennessee legislature rushes to liberalize gun laws - page 1

I found this article through my Yahoo alerts. I'm not sure what to think of the author because in one paragraph he sounds Pro-2A:

And then a couple paragraphs later he sounds Anti-2A:

Then at the end he says how he's a Dem, possibly a Libtard, maybe a Contard...

Hard to know what to think on this one. Score one for Tennesse, but they have a helluva battle ahead of them. Same with Alabama.

See? Indiana isn't so bad after all!

It's not as confusing as you think. He was anti in the first paragraph, too, he was just being tongue-in-cheek.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Definately anti 2a, the whole way through. Typical of a left-winger..... let's not focus on the positives of an armed society; instead, let's knit-pick at a handful of rare cases, and drown out all the positive reports - can't support the left-wing policies if too many people know about the good things that come with an armed society!

Top Bottom