• kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    With respect to...

IC 35-47-5-8
    Machine gun
    Sec. 8. A person who owns or possesses a machine gun commits a Class C felony.

IC 35-47-5-9
    Operating loaded machine gun
    Sec. 9. A person who operates a loaded machine gun commits a Class B felony.

IC 35-47-5-10
    Applicability of statutes relating to machine guns
    Sec. 10. The provisions of section 8 or 9 of this chapter shall not be construed to apply to any of the following:
    (7) Persons possessing, or having applied to possess, machine guns under applicable United States statutes. Such machine guns must be transferred as provided in this article.

...how does one legally go and have a little fun with a machine gun that is not possessed according to IC 35-47-5-10(7)?

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    With respect to...

...how does one legally go and have a little fun with a machine gun that is not possessed according to IC 35-47-5-10(7)?

I am sure the NFA boys will have an answer but from the way I read it IC 35-47-5-10 exempts you

IC 35-47-5-10

Applicability of statutes relating to machine guns

Sec. 10. The provisions of section 8 or 9 of this chapter shall not be construed to apply to any of the following:

(7) Persons possessing, or having applied to possess, machine guns under applicable United States statutes. Such machine guns must be transferred as provided in this article.

meaning that if you if own it under the US statutes (NFA) then this law does not apply to you

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Is this a long winded way of asking if you can play with someone's MG without buying one for yourself? If so, kudos to you and I'll let you play with mine...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You can use someone else's stuff...as long as the registered owner is present. And alive. And gives consent. Not under duress.

-J-

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Either that, or NFA Day was one big orgy of felonious activity. :laugh::shoot::ar15:

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm getting at...

The Indiana statute appears to say just that, but being a public forum, I didn't want to be the person to say it.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Is this a long winded way of asking if you can play with someone's MG without buying one for yourself? If so, kudos to you and I'll let you play with mine...

Well, yes, and thanks for the offer.

So which is it? Felony or no?

Top Bottom