• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Where I live I can almost throw rocks onto Camp Atterbury Military property from my house. With that comes all the great sounds of Military training all year long, fighter jets flying maneuvers over my house, A-10's and Apache's practicing air to ground fire, C-130's so low that they block out the sun, and the window rattling artillery at all hours of the night. I have grown used to this over the years and hardly notice it most of the time. However recently Camp Atterbury has began training "pilots" for unmanned drones. With this, comes the constant drone, no pun intended, of the darned things flying overhead all day long. Their sound rarely ever changes pitch like that of typical aircraft. They are relatively small and they fly so high that they are hard to spot. Now for the Tinfoil. If they are training these young pilots to fly around and spy on our enemies, what do they have them look for around here. They don't stay exclusively over Atterbury airspace so I assume that they are peering into backyards and possibly windows all in the name of real world training. Maybe my tinfoil is a little too tight and I have nothing to hide anyway, but every time I hear them flying over it irritates me that they could be watching.:tinfoil::shady:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Guarantee that if you go out in a bikini in this weather, they not only will take notice, but you will receive help from big guys wearing warm black clothing that will see to it you stay warm and well fed. They will take you to really nice guys who wear white all the time, and if you are lucky, they will untie the fancy coat that uses those fancy arm looking straps that tie in the back. :D

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Those Apaches, A-10s and certain 130s have the same capabilities and their standard equipment is cameras as good as or even better than the "drones". Those aircraft are most certainly using their cameras to look around also, there is no difference.

I've used AC-130s, A-10s, F-16s, Apaches, etc for conducting over watch (surrveillance), nothing new really.

If the government wants to watch you then they will watch you and they don't need UAVs to do it manned aircraft have had the capability for a long time.

Top Bottom