• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting, especially coming from such a bastion of right-wing tinfoil hat wearing extremists as NBC news! Somehow I am not surprised. I am also not comforted by the lack of oversight and the requirement only for the subjective opinion of a government official that a person is an unrepentant terrorist even if he is not known to be actively engaging in a terrorist operation. So, I have shared my understanding of the original intent of the Second Amendment and have not subsequently turned in my guns along with a mea culpa for such an abrasive position on political history. Drone strike in 5...4...3...2...1...

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    It was posted on MSN homepage with breaking news..I showed the wife from my phone she went and logged on her laptop and it was gone. So we had to google it and it came back up...WTF
    There are some great comments also

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    This an an appalling anti-Constitutional issue that screams of tyranny. It is also interesting that mostly Democrats voted to oppose the NDAA legislation that Obama uses to claim his right to kill US Citizens. The vote against the NDAA was by close to 90 Dems and 6 Republican ... go figure

11 senators ask President Barack Obama for memos on targeted killing of U.S. citizens - POLITICO.com

Vote records:

H.R. 1540 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

drone_attack_US.jpg

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Interesting, especially coming from such a bastion of right-wing tinfoil hat wearing extremists as NBC news! Somehow I am not surprised. I am also not comforted by the lack of oversight and the requirement only for the subjective opinion of a government official that a person is an unrepentant terrorist even if he is not known to be actively engaging in a terrorist operation. So, I have shared my understanding of the original intent of the Second Amendment and have not subsequently turned in my guns along with a mea culpa for such an abrasive position on political history. Drone strike in 5...4...3...2...1...
    You will be missed, we shall avenge the drone strike of you and your home

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So uh...

**** this ****.

But no worries, there will be plenty of liberal trash that brush it off as 'nothing'.

As long as they get their "free" birth control.

Congrats all. This whole "America" thing was a pretty good experiment while it lasted.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So let me get this straight-

-al Qaida leader who planned the killing of Americans, born in Saudi Arabia, killed in Afghanistan- OK.

-al Qaida leader who planned the killing of Americans, born in U.S., killed in Afghanistan- the end of our way of life as we know it.

That what we're talking about?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

-al Qaida leader who planned the killing of Americans, born in Saudi Arabia, killed in Afghanistan- OK.

-al Qaida leader who planned the killing of Americans, born in U.S., killed in Afghanistan- the end of our way of life as we know it.

You are not disturbed by the lack of any due process other than the subjective declaration of opinion by one government official? Summary execution of a citizen nowhere near a combat zone is a problem in my reckoning.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana

The problem is there is no due process...... as required by the Constitution! Is it ok to sidestep due process because a US Citizen is not on Homeland soil!

Dangerous precedent!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

You still trust your government, huh?

If they want you dead, they simply assassinate you, then tell the media that you were a turncoat who joined al-Qaeda. No trial or due process necessary. All the "evidence" is confidential to National Security. End of the Bill of Rights... end of story.

They'll even specifically target you and assassinate you if you are related to an accused terrorist. They've already done it. And the White House response: the 16-year-old deceased “should have [had] a far more responsible father.”

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You are not disturbed by the lack of any due process other than the subjective declaration of opinion by one government official? Summary execution of a citizen nowhere near a combat zone is a problem in my reckoning.

Didn't say I had no problem with it....and if this is a "due process" issue, why would in or out of a combat zone make any difference?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Didn't say I had no problem with it....and if this is a "due process" issue, why would in or out of a combat zone make any difference?

I am simply accounting for the potential for one of a group of hostiles in combat turning out to be a citizen is different from a drone strike on a vehicle in the middle of a desert someplace. I should have been less ambiguous. I was thinking of active participation in combat at the time of death as opposed to simply being within the borders of a country in which we are engaging in hostilities. My purpose is to avoid the other extreme of manufacturing a problem for the troops when they consider being fired upon to be adequate proof of hostile intentions and react accordingly.

Last edited:

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    You still trust your government, huh?

If they want you dead, they simply assassinate you, then tell the media that you were a turncoat who joined al-Qaeda. No trial or due process necessary. All the "evidence" is confidential to National Security. End of the Bill of Rights... end of story.

They'll even specifically target you and assassinate you if you are related to an accused terrorist. They've already done it. And the White House response: the 16-year-old deceased “should have [had] a far more responsible father.”

Well put..... the change of the US way of life is the suspension of due-process as enumerated in the Constitution! Next maybe death squads will operate on US soil.......

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

Think John Walker Lindh..... if you take up arms against our troops on foreign soil and they have no means of identifying you as an American . You point a gun at them, they return fire, sucks to be you. Hence - combat zone I don't have a problem with. You made America your enemy and were actively involved in the fight.

That's why combat zone makes a difference.

If you were IN THE ACT of say hijacking a plane to run it into the WTC or something - due process allows the police to stop you from doing that - with deadly force. Same as if you picked up a gun and started shooting people. They have the right to stop you. Even if you are an American citizen. No problemo.

If they SUSPECT you of doing something, and you are a citizen - due process requires agents of the state to arrest you - they can't just blast you off of the planet.

If you're not a US Citizen and you appear to be conducting war against us - think OBL here - then Death and Hell can rain down from the sky on you. The burden of proof is not there.

It's one of the reasons that CITIZENSHIP MATTERS.

That's how I see it - but I'm not a Constitutional Scholar - didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, etc.

Top Bottom