• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    What if they want to run your serial number and you say don't bother I have the receipt right here showing it's mine, especially if it was new from the LGS? :dunno:

They will probably try to take it anyway citing "officer safety" Those are magic words. IMO the citizens that they are supposed to be protecting are often being endangered by officer safety.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    If the police officer wants to take your gun, tell them you do not consent, but will not resist. Then say that you will require a receipt for the firearm. You will not accept it back until Indiana Code is fulfilled and they go before a judge to explain the conditions where they believed that you needed to be disarmed.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    There are a many hypothetical answers to this issue, but no proven solutions. The only solutions I can see are legislation, or a civil suit brought to court an won by an individual that is injured during one of these fishing expeditions. My feeling is legislation is not forthcoming, so some poor unsuspecting individual is going to have to take one for the team, hopefully survive, and take the State, County, or Municipality that allowed their officer to continue this dangerous practice for a huge pile of cash. I am sure their are attorneys out there just waiting for this to happen. I just hope I am not the poor sap that takes one in the hip, as an LEO that has no knowledge of how my firearm operated discharges it while pulling it from my holster.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ATM does not need to lie. ;)

ATM is not required to answer whether he has any guns on him, in the vehicle, or any such nonsense.

He may choose to remain silent or, more than likely, will ask a question of his own...

"Why am I being detained?" :cool:

Do you like movies about gladiators?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding from way back was that Indiana's LTCH and DL systems were kept strictly separate, as they should be. Why are they being cross-linked now? Being able to drive a car has nothing to do with your RKBA, and carrying a PPS (Personal Protection Sidearm) does not impact one's ability to drive an automobile.

Unless it's getting jammed between the center console and your right kidney. Then, it might impact your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My understanding from way back was that Indiana's LTCH and DL systems were kept strictly separate, as they should be. Why are they being cross-linked now?

I don't believe the databases are being merged. I am under the understanding that it is a query that is automatically submitted via the IDACS terminal software. What I mean is that the queries are separate but submitted at the same time by design of the software....

Top Bottom