• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    This last season, I was out hunting early. at about noon I went to the house and a friend had come over to show off his prize and for me to take pics. He sat behind it like in all the others you see and then set his "deer gun" on it. It was a AK-47 pistol. After telling me it was a legal gun under the rules I had to go check for myself, and from what I read it is. Any opinons on this? He had a sope on it and said he was good to 200 yards with a rest. Thanks all.

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    Is this the pic you took? (Disregard the dog having his way with your buddy's trophy).

DogDoingDeer.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    To the OP... I've been told that the 7.62x39 is NOT legal to hunt deer with in Indiana. I don't hunt, so [strike]I may be [/strike] probably wrong, but I think it has to do with the length of the "brass" when used in a Draco, and that it's not a straight walled cartridge if used in a rifle. At ant rate, the "logic" behind this baffles me... I've probably got it wrong, or at least for the wrong "reasons."

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It is perfectly legal to hunt deer with the 7.62x39 cartridge out of a HANDGUN.

If you want to use a rifle, stick with squirrels.

-J-

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    Rifle , scope , ammo ...... $1,900

Getting up at O'dark thirty ,freezing,
    covering yourself in deer **** ...... Annoying

Opening this thread just to see that pic ..... Priceless

:rockwoot:

:D I get a good belly laugh everytime I see it myself. It was a "coke spew" the first time. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Provided that the Draco is still in Pistol configuration and is chambered in something that's .243 caliber or higher, yes.

(There are a precious handful of .223 Draco pistols around...those are NOT legal for IN Deer hunting because the diameter of the projectile is too small)

Top Bottom