• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Ok, I am going to tell on myself.
    While out dove hunting last weekend, I got a bit bored and was just admiring the camo paint job on my recently acquired shotgun. As I read the fine print on the barrel, I noticed it said "Stoeger Turkey." So in my mind, I am thinking "This is set up for turkey hunting? I thought the guy I bought this off of told me it had a modified or improved cylinder choke, but I never actually checked. Maybe it has a full choke?" Then after a few more seconds, I realize.... "Duh. It is MADE in Turkey."

Wow! I blame it on the heat frying the circuits in my brain, lol.

Now on to a little rant: I went out hunting again today, on public land at Roush Lake, and picked up 18 shotgun hulls in the field. Not mine! Somebody ought to be ashamed of themselves. I realize you might leave a few empties around. It is hard to find them all sometimes, especially in the sunflowers. But these were left out in the open mowed areas. It is common courtesy to clean up after yourselves. I think most of these were from the same hunter too, as they were scattered at intervals - same brand and shot size - in piles of 2 to 4 - as if somebody walked around the field shooting but also just leaving the empties lie. Do better next time, please.

Ok. I am done for now. I hope you got a chuckle out of my first story, and reminder to be courteous from my rant.

Top Bottom