• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonas blaine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys I just wanted to tell you be careful if you order anything from moc the vendors are okay however if they ship it through FedEx do not replace that order because FedEx has a really bad habit of leaving ammunition laying on your front porch or in my case in front of your apartment building they don't bother to ring your bell they just leave it I today had a hundred rounds stolen from in front of my apartment when I had specifically asked the sender not to ship it through FedEx which he did anyway I called FedEx when I found out and asked them not to deliver it to the apartment building they agreed to do that but they delivered it to the apartment building anyway and now I'm being slow walked about having my product replaced

jonas blaine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2024
    Indianapolis
    There is only one kind of shipping companies, the kind people complain about. I wouldn’t order TP to an apartment address, try to find a safe place to deliver it to elsewhere…
    Well you know I told him to leave it at the FedEx office downtown on monument circle FedEx agreed to do that but didn't do it in fact they sent it to the damn apartment now they don't want to replace my product be careful of using a FedEx or d e l e o n sporting goods in Texas

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    You may re-route your order to an FedEx Access point or their "Clerk desk" to hold it for you, you MAY have to pay a fee, so you'd pick it up at your convenience.

On the FedEx driver "defense", IF the package is not SIGNATURE REQUIRED, them can just live it at the customer address front door. Better pay a few buck for the signature required fee then dealing with valuable stolen packages claims.

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Well you know I told him to leave it at the FedEx office downtown on monument circle FedEx agreed to do that but didn't do it in fact they sent it to the damn apartment now they don't want to replace my product be careful of using a FedEx or d e l e o n sporting goods in Texas
    They flat out like to You... there's a charging fee for "holding or rerouting" a package AND at the same time you'd get a tracking info update for the mentioned changes to the package

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    They can tell you all day long they will do this or that over the phone, but if you don't go online to fedex and check boxes or special instructions for pickup or whatever you want, then your pretty much outa luck. I've done what you did and was finally told by a supervisor at the distributions plant in southbend that he was amazed at the crap customer service told people. I had nothing but damaged pitboss griddle until i went off with them about it. I had to create an account, go into special instructions on how to have the 4th pitboss 4burner griddle delivered. I had it setup for the driver to call me for me to meet near by and by god i met him and had zero damage..

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    As an apartment dweller, I have EVERYTHING firearm related shipped to my work address. And if the seller won't ship to any address other than my CC's billing address, then they just don't get my business.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hey guys I just wanted to tell you be careful if you order anything from moc the vendors are okay however if they ship it through FedEx do not replace that order because FedEx has a really bad habit of leaving ammunition laying on your front porch or in my case in front of your apartment building they don't bother to ring your bell they just leave it I today had a hundred rounds stolen from in front of my apartment when I had specifically asked the sender not to ship it through FedEx which he did anyway I called FedEx when I found out and asked them not to deliver it to the apartment building they agreed to do that but they delivered it to the apartment building anyway and now I'm being slow walked about having my product replaced
    FedEx around my part requires a signature to deliver ammo, powder, or primers.
    I prefer them to drop it on my porch because it's very inconvenient to be home or have someone there to sign for packages.
    I live in the country, and I've never had a package stolen when dropped off.
    They say i can drive 78 miles round trip to pick it up. Or do the same to sign a signature release form so they just drop the packages off instead of asking for a signature.
    If I'm ever in a big city again I'm going to stop by a FedEx shop, and do exactly that.

Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FedEx will no longer allow shipping ammo to one of their store front offices. It has to be held at their main distribution center. Because you know, ammo is dangerous or something. :rolleyes:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Punctuation is your friend.
    Learn to love it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You may re-route your order to an FedEx Access point or their "Clerk desk" to hold it for you, you MAY have to pay a fee, so you'd pick it up at your convenience.

On the FedEx driver "defense", IF the package is not SIGNATURE REQUIRED, them can just live it at the customer address front door. Better pay a few buck for the signature required fee then dealing with valuable stolen packages claims.
    Only problem with that is a lot of times the driver makes a scribble and leaves it anyway. just depends on if he wants to lug the box back to the truck or not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FedEx around my part requires a signature to deliver ammo, powder, or primers.
    I prefer them to drop it on my porch because it's very inconvenient to be home or have someone there to sign for packages.
    I live in the country, and I've never had a package stolen when dropped off.
    They say i can drive 78 miles round trip to pick it up. Or do the same to sign a signature release form so they just drop the packages off instead of asking for a signature.
    If I'm ever in a big city again I'm going to stop by a FedEx shop, and do exactly that.
    Can you not complete that form online by setting up a fed ex account?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If you're thinking you can evade shipper problems by using UPS...ha, no.

$400 worth of IMI 5.56 from Midway. I have all my UPS packages set to automatically hold at a pickup location. They override it, deliver to my home on a work day, dump it on the porch without a signature, and it's gone within 2 hours. Somebody didn't want to carry it ten steps back to the truck.
    :rolleyes:

Way to go, UPS, you have armed up Indy's thug community with high quality Israeli 5.56.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    If you're thinking you can evade shipper problems by using UPS...ha, no.

$400 worth of IMI 5.56 from Midway. I have all my UPS packages set to automatically hold at a pickup location. They override it, deliver to my home on a work day, dump it on the porch without a signature, and it's gone within 2 hours. Somebody didn't want to carry it ten steps back to the truck.
    :rolleyes:

Way to go, UPS, you have armed up Indy's thug community with high quality Israeli 5.56.
    Worst part of that is, if they know where they stole it from & what it's for, might make them feel a need to come back later for an actual attempted entry to see what other goodies they can get...

THIS is why I have ALL firearm related shipments go to my workplace.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Worst part of that is, if they know where they stole it from & what it's for, might make them feel a need to come back later for an actual attempted entry to see what other goodies they can get...

THIS is why I have ALL firearm related shipments go to my workplace.
    Yeah, well, sometimes there's a problem with advertising your gun hobby to everyone you work with.

Used to not be a problem having ammo held at a location, but suddenly nobody wants to do it anymore. And yes I am extremely not happy about my home now being flagged as a place to score gun stuff.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Building manager sent me the video. Dude on a bike grabbed it within two hours. :toilet2: Gonna make a report tomorrow.

Honestly I was surprised he balanced a whole case of 5.56 on that bike.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Good news is Midway was very gracious in filing a claim and sending a replacement. Bad news is they wouldn't honor my $40 in discount codes (:whistle:) if I refunded and reordered, which was the only way to change the shipping address. So I either have to wrangle something with UPS customer service or take a half day off work to bird-dog my porch and watch for it.

Top Bottom