• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I recall a story where some ***hole calling itself a king tried something similar to this.

It did not turn out so well for that ***hole.

Of course, that king was not pushing around a bunch of candy *** pansies. Now California? That's a bunch of candy *** pansies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't put .gov in charge of anything.
    Yet we do every day. Our complacency over our adult lifetimes has allowed this to come to a head and here we are far to deep to effect any changes.
    I don't see enough back bone in current society to even start to make changes. When you can buy off the population with a ridiculously small "Covid" check and then send out another to finalize the deal it is a solid indicator we are totally ****ed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recall a story where some ***hole calling itself a king tried something similar to this.

It did not turn out so well for that ***hole.

Of course, that king was not pushing around a bunch of candy *** pansies. Now California? That's a bunch of candy *** pansies.
    Girly men and very strange woman. Not all but just enough.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    California continues to restrict rights. They really want to ban all guns in private citizens' hands, but continue to do so incrementally. The only thing that can possibly stop them is a SCOTUS smackdown, since Cali voters will approve any and all government intrusion and diminishment of previously-held rights.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maryland has same law. Beretta was there until recently.

The California market is enormous. IIRC 37 million people.

Sounds like a great market to suddenly tell, "We will neither sell nor support any already-sold items located in California. All warranties are void while the firearm is located there. We support Americans, doing American things."

California continues to restrict rights. They really want to ban all guns in private citizens' hands, but continue to do so incrementally. The only thing that can possibly stop them is a SCOTUS smackdown, since Cali voters will approve any and all government intrusion and diminishment of previously-held rights.
    Or a metric crap-ton of voters mad as hell that they can't get service for or sales of firearms there. That would probably upset enough of them to go the tar-and-feather route.

I'm not suggesting anything here, only stating that at one time, that was the punishment for an oathbreaker politician.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Or people should stop thinking the government is special.
    No special rights.
    If the citizen can't have a gun, then no guns for the police or protective details.
    If there's a 10 round limit... the same for them
    etc
    ^^THIS!

A whole bunch of years ago, there was a suggestion (never made it even to being a bill before a committee) that EMTs and medics should be able to carry on the job and that they should be exempt from the law at the time that forbade guns on school campuses unless carried by the Only Ones.

This would have opened it up for me, but I spoke against it. I don't want "legal for me but not for thee".... I want "not unlawful", full stop. There is no magic line that surrounds a place called a "school" that makes evil people suddenly good and good people suddenly evil, which is to say that if I don't go around shooting up the various places I go, I won't do it at a school, either, and a person who doesn't respect the lives and property of others isn't going to start, and thus will still be a threat, after he or she crosses that line into a school zone.The former need to be encouraged, while the latter, the criminals, need to have something in place to deter them.

Looking down the barrel of a weapon pointed at you because you're causing mayhem is an effective deterrent in many cases.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom