• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    How far they going to go with this stuff?

SYDNEY - Two stars of the “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here” television show have been charged with animal cruelty after allegedly killing and cooking a rat to eat during filming.
    Chef Gino D’Acampo, who won the viewer-feedback contest series, and actor Stuart Manning were charged after animal welfare activists lodged a complaint about a segment for the program, which was filmed in Australia, the activists and British media reported Sunday.
    In a statement to The Associated Press, New South Wales state police said Sunday that two men, aged 33 and 30, were charged with animal cruelty for acts in connection to the program but did not give names or other details. They have been asked to appear in court to face the charge on Feb. 3. The maximum penalty is three years in prison.
    The performers and ITV, the network that produces the show, did not immediately respond to media inquiries about the incident.
    “The killing of a rat for a performance is not acceptable. The concern is this was done purely for the cameras,” David O’Shannessy from the New South Wales RSPCA told the British Broadcasting Corp.
    He said producers were normally required to have animal welfare officers on set when animals were used during filming, but in this case it did not take place.
    “I’m a Celebrity” strands C-list celebrities in the Australian Outback, subjects them to a series of icky trials involving spiders and snakes, and allows the public to vote them off the show one by one.

Reality TV Stars Arrested For Animal Cruelty | Fancast News

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    Really, ok well although rat is not high on my food desires list...I would still cook one and eat it if I was hungry enough. PETA needs to get over this, animals are food...not friends (think Dory on Finding Nemo, but reversed).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Lenina Huxley: [Spartan encounters a burger grill in the underground world] Just don't ask them where the meat comes from.
    John Spartan: Huxley, what's that supposed to mean?
    Lenina Huxley: Do you see any cows around here, detective?
    John Spartan: Que es este carne?
    [What is this meat?]
    Hamburger Stand Scrap: Este carne es de rata.
    [This meat is from rats]
    John Spartan: Rat? This is a rat burger?
    [vendor nods]
    John Spartan: Not bad! Matter of fact this is the best burger I've had in years!
    Hamburger Stand Scrap: Gracias, Senor.
    John Spartan: Prego. See ya later.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    A rat is a rat is a rat is a rat.

Two things bother me about this story.

The first thing is that someone or group of someone's is bothered by the death of a rat.

The second thing is that they are charging them with animal cruelty. When I think of animal cruelty I think of kids spraying a gerbal with hairspray and :flamethrower:. Or beating an animal for fun.

I'm guessing that these two guys quickly and efficiently killed a rat and ate it. A natural act of nourishing ones body. So where is the animal cruelty?? Now if they tortured it to death and then tossed in a trash can then walked away laughing I could understand the charge.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Now if they tortured it to death and then tossed in a trash can then walked away laughing I could understand the charge.

Even that would be excusable to me. A good way to deal with a rat after one has trapped it alive (accidentally or not) is to fill a trash can up with water and drop the cage and all into the can. Less likely to get rabies or damage your cage. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom