• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The House voted to overturn it earlier in the week and the Senate followed suit today. Next up is the signature of the Commander in Chief and that one's a given. I was surprised by the military polling numbers on this one, even the Marines polled high on the acceptance side (if they'd previously served with a gay Marine).
    Adm. Mike Mullen and Marine Gen. James Cartwright, the chairman and vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, respectively, have said the fear of disruption is overblown. They note the Pentagon's finding that 92 percent of troops who believe they have served with a gay person saw no effect on their units' morale or effectiveness. Among Marines in combat roles who said they have served alongside a gay person, 84 percent said there was no impact.

Now, maybe we'll get to see some of those highly motivated and trained people who were discharged allowed back on duty.

Congress Overturns Military Ban of Gays Serving Openly, Sends Bill to Obama's Desk - FoxNews.com

Senate votes to overturn military gay ban | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i really don't see why it was a big deal in the first place. i mean, who cares if your gay, straight, green, blue, or purple. i think there are far more pressing issue that need to be addressed in this country.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I tattooed an infantryman yesterday for a good long while and we talked about this. He didn't seem to care. He said he's a little worried about seeing posters and stuff, but he knows he is serving with people who are gay so it's not going to change a lot.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have no idea why the US governments highest paid elected are spending 2 secs on something as insignificant to our daily lives as this. This effects so few people and is such a small fish compared to all the cash they are printing and spending, printing and spending!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Sorry, but I disagree. I think repealing this is a terrible idea. If someone is confused about how to use the equipment they've been given, why should the rest of us bend over (so to speak) to accomodate them?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Equal rights, that's why.

If some straight guy can blab about his girlfriend or wife all day over the pond then so can the gay guy.

Dang right. All straight men love to hear how much another guy likes taking it. It will be nice now, they can catch a quicky in the shower or barracks.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Equality is not a waste of time. It's a basic human right and fundamental to a free America.

This is the biggest misconception about Gay Rights and the US Government.... They have no business make any decisions one way or the other. If it is truly a right it doesn't need legislation one way or the other.

I'm not debating the fence on whether its a right or not. I'm saying its none of the government business to spend time in relationships...gay, straight, black, white, 1, 2, a few, PERIOD. I don't want them deciding if it is OK for gays to marry, or to or not to tax straights.

Law has no place in relationships, and no place to make rules for them. They have real business to attend to.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    This is the biggest misconception about Gay Rights and the US Government.... They have no business make any decisions one way or the other. If it is truly a right it doesn't need legislation one way or the other.

I'm not debating the fence on whether its a right or not. I'm saying its none of the government business to spend time in relationships...gay, straight, black, white, 1, 2, a few, PERIOD. I don't want them deciding if it is OK for gays to marry, or to or not to tax straights.

Law has no place in relationships, and no place to make rules for them. They have real business to attend to.

Then why was there a law governing it in the first place, and only for gays I might add?

Whoops misread your post ignore this, I understand what you're were getting at now. ;)

Your right they have no right to be regulating anything having to do with relationships, marriage, or religion.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Then why was there a law governing it in the first place, and only for gays I might add?

Aw.... thats my point! I never said I supported the previous law. Just like I don't support a law allowing gay marriage. Because I don't believe the Government has any business in marriage at all gay or straight.

We don't need a relationship law any more than a food or language law.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Aw.... thats my point! I never said I supported the previous law. Just like I don't support a law allowing gay marriage. Because I don't believe the Government has any business in marriage at all gay or straight.

We don't need a relationship law any more than a food or language law.

Hehe I just edited my post because I realized what you were saying and I agree.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The top brass has seen this switch about to arrive for almost 2 years now.

Their job is now to make the regs that govern the behavior as needed. They've got other good models to base this on - such as the Israeli military - who's military are already incorporated with gay and straight serving together.

Top Bottom