• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Back in the days of long hair metal bands (Approx 1988) . Don was really trying to impress the blonde male lead guitar player in our rock band driving his yellow corvette down Keystone Ave on the north side. I watched the whole thing happen while following him home to his appartment.

That was funny.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Can someone educate the ignorant? Who is Don Davis?

Oh man!

Who is Don? He just wants to sell guns! LOL.

I was explaining the rate of traces to his store to a friend out here the other day.

Someone will be along to cue the 80's commercial in a few ....

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Oooooh. I see thank you. Yeah I had never heard of that store until I joined INGO. It seems to get mentioned quite bit. I get the feeling it's sort of infamous?

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    fbz_9f447b204d41cfd1047515cf84793657.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    He used to sit at the bar of a restaurant I managed in Greenwood and talk non-stop for hours. He's actually a pretty nice guy all things considered.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Haters hate LOL.

Went to Don's a couple weeks ago just for kicks and yeah the pricing is over MSRP. Thing is, he's still in business.

The range is directly off the retail area and when the door opens, it's full volume. They had a sign saying something like "Guns are loud, if you don't like it LEAVE" haha.

The icing was the lady who walked in with her son or young boyfriend or something. She just bought a gun and it was "sticking". After questioning her, the salesman told her that it does that when the last bullet is shot so you can reload it.

Not saying that's exclusive to Don's since I have seen a posting somewhere recently about buying a used Glock and he thought it was broken because when he dry fired it, the trigger didn't reset.

Why are ignorant people buying guns? These are the kinds of people who think that taking a magazine out unloads the gun, not knowing there is one in the chamber. Why would you buy a deadly weapon without learning about it. The info is out there and if your salesman doesn't want to deal with questions pre-sales, walk away. Not saying that it happened in the instance I saw at Don's, I wasn't there when she purchased the gun. Point is, the clientele is not the best informed and they take advantage of that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Haters hate LOL.

Went to Don's a couple weeks ago just for kicks and yeah the pricing is over MSRP. Thing is, he's still in business.

The range is directly off the retail area and when the door opens, it's full volume. They had a sign saying something like "Guns are loud, if you don't like it LEAVE" haha.

The icing was the lady who walked in with her son or young boyfriend or something. She just bought a gun and it was "sticking". After questioning her, the salesman told her that it does that when the last bullet is shot so you can reload it.

Not saying that's exclusive to Don's since I have seen a posting somewhere recently about buying a used Glock and he thought it was broken because when he dry fired it, the trigger didn't reset.

Why are ignorant people buying guns? These are the kinds of people who think that taking a magazine out unloads the gun, not knowing there is one in the chamber. Why would you buy a deadly weapon without learning about it. The info is out there and if your salesman doesn't want to deal with questions pre-sales, walk away. Not saying that it happened in the instance I saw at Don's, I wasn't there when she purchased the gun. Point is, the clientele is not the best informed and they take advantage of that.

This is why he's still in business. He charges so much because people don't do their research before buying and they pay those prices. His customer's don't ask questions and the sales people generally don't care. That's been my experience in the 2 times I've been there anyway.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He was drinking white zin.

The couple next to me said last time he was in he pulled his gun out and was flashing the bottles behind the bar with his laser sight. So yeah, he's that guy.

He ditched the Vette for a Merc S550 with a GUNS1 plate.

Top Bottom