DoJ finally makes a leak arrest or the Reality of being a Loser.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    And sadly she'll do time, while those in power doing worse get to sit in front of a senate committe and made to feel uncomfy as they answer questions while the partisan hacks argue with each other from behind their bench, and in the end he skates with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Yep, sadly I am thinking the same thing.

Play on words but... sadly she is no winner. And that is the reality. She is just another liberal loser that was brain washed in to thinking she would be a hero. And once again, and sadly true, she will be to some.

I am sure she thinks she's the next Bradly Manning or Edward Snowden.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe big media will make her a star like they did with Ellsberg. A good agent and some whining on a liberal talk show, throw in how it's all Trump's fault, she's got potential.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    What's really ironic, is that it was basically the media outlet who (unintentionally) hung her out to dry: because they simply didn't understand the color printer technology DOJ used to identify the leaker. The best NSA could initially do was narrow it down to 6 suspects who had printed that particular document on their network. But it appears that when The Intercept showed their actual copy of the leaked document, they unwittingly handed NSA the evidence they needed to narrow the identity of the leaker from 6 possible perps down to 1.

The media killed their own leaker without even realizing they were doing it (and, as loyal members of the anti-Trump resistance, are probably torn inside out over it).

...Reality is a birch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ed-source-of-nsa-leak/?utm_term=.85993d9cad7d

WaPo is of course doing their part to aid The Resistance, with an article today detailing the technology involved, breaking out the crayons to explain to prospective future leakers how "Red Passport Girl" was caught.

You had to know it, but she's a Bernie Sanders supporter and Trump-hater (according to her social media accounts). But like Lee Harvey Oswald, "she served her country"...so the Legal Defense Funds will no doubt be popping up on the left like daisies.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Given the slap on the wrist to Bradley (I refuse to address the weasel by his "preferred name") Manning, she probably expected similar spinelessness if she got caught.
    That's what happens when you take out the deterrent element to the law.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I seem to remember something about Top Secret information being released could cause "grave damage to the security of the United States". Oh yes, it's from when I was in the USAF.

I worked on a manning study for the security managers of secret squirrel units back in 2002. I don't know how the crap this stuff goes on. Maybe Podunk AFB was light-years ahead of the NSA in some ways, like in security of TS information.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Why aren't they arresting people from "The Intercept" too? **** somehow ceases to be a crime because it's handed off?

FBI: "You're under arrest for having stolen property!"

INTERCEPT: "HAHA! I didn't steal it -- someone else did and GAVE IT to me!"

FBI: "DRAT!!! We'll get you next time!"

Oh, but they are "the press"...

Possession of stolen property isn't the same a possession of classified material. Furthermore, a person can come into classified material without being a "willing party". The Intercept is the one that contacted law enforcement and said they given a document by an anonymous party and that it appeared to be classified. This would be akin to the thief truly giving you stolen property, and upon your discovery that it's stolen you call the police. Would you expect to be arrested if you call the police after you come into possession of stolen property?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So how is she going to defend herself?

With a bunch of lawyers working pro bono from the same law firms who fell over themselves to defend the GITMO detainees. I think she'll do better with a civvie jury of her peers than in a court-martial. There would be no enlisted troops on the court-martial panel unless her lawyer was both incompetent and insane.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Possession of stolen property isn't the same a possession of classified material. Furthermore, a person can come into classified material without being a "willing party". The Intercept is the one that contacted law enforcement and said they given a document by an anonymous party and that it appeared to be classified. This would be akin to the thief truly giving you stolen property, and upon your discovery that it's stolen you call the police. Would you expect to be arrested if you call the police after you come into possession of stolen property?
    Many years ago a SCIF (super secret squirrel world) security manager told me that a security clearance prevents you from talking about what you just saw on TV. He was serious.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    With a bunch of lawyers working pro bono from the same law firms who fell over themselves to defend the GITMO detainees. I think she'll do better with a civvie jury of her peers than in a court-martial. There would be no enlisted troops on the court-martial panel unless her lawyer was both incompetent and insane.

Oh, like former AG Eric Holder's law firm, Covington and Burling.
    No, you can't make this **** up.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    She will be fine. She will get a book and movie deal. :puke:

At least she was denied bail, She will sit there for a while. And will have time to ponder her idiocy. I truly think she will walk after a while.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility

I worked in one for years and we Called it a secure compartmented intelligence facility. But I could be wrong. At battalion and brigade level they handle information at hightr levels they formulate intelligence.

Top Bottom