Does this explain why we're suddenly hip deep in SoyBois and betas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I find the postulated explanation compelling. Discuss

I believe there is a lot to this. How can one look at the amazing specimen humans are and not think that there is far more going on than meets the eye. Studies have confirmed that women on the pill select different men than when they are not on the pill.

But I guarantee there will not be adequate proof for many.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I will jump in, I am not even drinking. I believe the pill may be a contributor, but not the root. I really do not think it is all biological.

Angry feminists demanded that traditional rolls be removed, always presenting a very negative picture with the most extreme problems presented as the norm. At the same time they claimed that the very positive conditions of marginal to excellent married relationships did not exist. People bought the lies. In the confusion, couples lost the skills that generations before them used for a comfortable relationship. Dealing with a confused value system, especially with a poor attitude destroyed marriages. These single mothers who lacked life skills lived in a anti male bitterness. A whole generation was trained away from manhood from birth. The beta's that did marry another generation raised their offspring to be even weaker. Now women are in a place where they are trying to cover all the bases of traditional male responsibilities and at the same time covering the traditional female responsibilities. Their natural female needs and feelings still demand attention at through all the mess. The masses of females have a life that is harder than ever. The harvest of the bad ideas sowed in the 1960's has ripened to haunt the last couple generations.

The number one lie that is crippling people is "You Can Have it All". It is a 1/2 truth, the most harmful variety of lie. Yes, you can be a Party person, you can be a travel person, you can be an educated person, you can be a career person, you can be a relationship person, you can be an amazing parent, but you CANNOT do it all at once. Times and seasons cannot be haphazardly blended.

The number two lie is that the natural law of reaping and sowing does not apply to you. Poor lifestyle will catch up with your body. Poor choices will have serious consequences on your goals. Poor attitudes will destroy any relationship worth having. Poor self discipline will destroy your education and career path. Poor financial discipline will destroy your wealth. All of the above will destroy the next generation. Soybois and betas are the harvest of what has been planted.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Jordan Peterson (PhD) had the same observation as the the pill being one large factor that contributed to the rise of the soy boi (not his phrasing).

It seems like traditional male characteristics in men was still seen as a positive thing in the 70s. Then in the 80s there was a big swing towards feminine characteristics in males (hair bands, spandex, and the Lost Boys come to mind). The birth control pill was approved for use in 1960(?).

This is enough time for the pill to become popular, selection of males to shift to the more effeminate, then population shift based on the selection of the effeminate male. Fast forward to 2022 where there is "rampant toxic masculinity" but no one discusses toxic femininity.

At that level of observation there is definitely a correlation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I will jump in, I am not even drinking. I believe the pill may be a contributor, but not the root. I really do not think it is all biological.

Angry feminists demanded that traditional rolls be removed, always presenting a very negative picture with the most extreme problems presented as the norm. At the same time they claimed that the very positive conditions of marginal to excellent married relationships did not exist. People bought the lies. In the confusion, couples lost the skills that generations before them used for a comfortable relationship. Dealing with a confused value system, especially with a poor attitude destroyed marriages. These single mothers who lacked life skills lived in a anti male bitterness. A whole generation was trained away from manhood from birth. The beta's that did marry another generation raised their offspring to be even weaker. Now women are in a place where they are trying to cover all the bases of traditional male responsibilities and at the same time covering the traditional female responsibilities. Their natural female needs and feelings still demand attention at through all the mess. The masses of females have a life that is harder than ever. The harvest of the bad ideas sowed in the 1960's has ripened to haunt the last couple generations.

The number one lie that is crippling people is "You Can Have it All". It is a 1/2 truth, the most harmful variety of lie. Yes, you can be a Party person, you can be a travel person, you can be an educated person, you can be a career person, you can be a relationship person, you can be an amazing parent, but you CANNOT do it all at once. Times and seasons cannot be haphazardly blended.

The number two lie is that the natural law of reaping and sowing does not apply to you. Poor lifestyle will catch up with your body. Poor choices will have serious consequences on your goals. Poor attitudes will destroy any relationship worth having. Poor self discipline will destroy your education and career path. Poor financial discipline will destroy your wealth. All of the above will destroy the next generation. Soybois and betas are the harvest of what has been planted.

There are many good points in this post. There is, however, no single culprit to how we have gotten where we are, but, I guarantee hormones are a part of it. The creators of the AMC series Mad Men chose the time frame for the series because of the effects of the pill on society. The studies have shown that women choose different men on or off of birth control and men will adapt to that because men have a strong focus to get laid…

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Jordan Peterson (PhD) had the same observation as the the pill being one large factor that contributed to the rise of the soy boi (not his phrasing).

It seems like traditional male characteristics in men was still seen as a positive thing in the 70s. Then in the 80s there was a big swing towards feminine characteristics in males (hair bands, spandex, and the Lost Boys come to mind). The birth control pill was approved for use in 1960(?).

This is enough time for the pill to become popular, selection of males to shift to the more effeminate, then population shift based on the selection of the effeminate male. Fast forward to 2022 where there is "rampant toxic masculinity" but no one discusses toxic femininity.

At that level of observation there is definitely a correlation.
    Bingo…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reminds me of the news story about China cracking down on "soft men/sissies" in pop culture recently:

Remember when Marilyn Manson was the topic of the day? That has to be something of a forerunner for this.

Tastes change, that's for sure. Just look at how desirable being overweight is in various cultures and times. For us, I'm just glad Picard sexed up being bald. Outside of academia, are 'manly men' really having trouble getting laid?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Reminds me of the news story about China cracking down on "soft men/sissies" in pop culture recently:

Remember when Marilyn Manson was the topic of the day? That has to be something of a forerunner for this.

Tastes change, that's for sure. Just look at how desirable being overweight is in various cultures and times. For us, I'm just glad Picard sexed up being bald. Outside of academia, are 'manly men' really having trouble getting laid?

So for all the words in the post, do you have anything to say about the research that seems to indicate that on the pill, women choose different men than off the pill, that men are responding that change, and are becoming more effeminate?

Do you disagree that men are becoming more effeminate?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Here I thought it was caused by “time outs”, not keeping score in games, and giving everyone a participation trophy…

Based on timing, I think these (time outs, etc.) are a side effect of soy boi selection. I don't think these phenomena started until the 2000s, maybe even the 90s. This is well after birth control was approved for use and became popular.

ETA: It seems like these things (time outs, etc.) definitely accelerated the prevalence of the soy boi.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So for all the words in the post, do you have anything to say about the research that seems to indicate that on the pill, women choose different men than off the pill, that men are responding that change, and are becoming more effeminate?

So I post about the same phenomenon in other cultures and that's too much of a stretch for the topic but you don't feel the need to call out stripper talk? Come off it.

Top Bottom