Does anyone else OCing get asked if their LE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How can you open carry without being obvious? Conceal it?

Even when I have to conceal I prefer to be obvious about it. ;)

yes-I-am-carrying-a-concealed-handgun-shirt.jpg

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I never really been confronted while OC. I was walking into Walmart one time and a LEO just happened to be walking out. He asked if I had a LTCH and I told him I did, he never asked to see it though. He then told me to cover up my gun, I told him it was fine where it was. I got a ****ty look as he walked off, that was it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I was asked by an older gentleman a few weeks ago at Walmart if I was a LEO. It kind of surprised me as I have a pony tail almost to my waist. Just said no and we had a nice discussion on OC. He was interested as he carried most of the time except in the summer when he couldn't cover up. He was afraid of harassment for OCing even though he knew it was legal. I explained that I JC (just carry) and don't generally concern myself with OC/CC. I also told him that I do feel that a right you are afraid to use is a right you've already lost. It was a nice conversation and he plans to now carry more that he usually does.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I was asked once. It went like this.

I was stopped at a stop light down town at night. A woman walked up and knocks on my car window and I rolled it down.

Woman: You a cop?
    Me: no
    Woman: want a date?

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    My standard responce is. " YES, I AM! NOW GO GET ME A CUP OF COFFEE & A DONUT!"

Disclaimer: This post is written by a fireman. Who has great respect for the police. Especially the Indianapolis PD. As they allow him to practice his ems skills on criminals. After they tase ,
    beat er I mean subdue with reasonable force or place bullets in there person.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    When I used to OC, about a year ago, I always had my "cop hair" and my beard was a lot shorter than it is now. I've been asked if I was a cop, security, and when the beard got a bit longer a mercenary....Not civilian contractor, but mercenary. I never dressed like a cop or acted like one. I guess some people see an OC'd gun and automatically think off duty cop. I got more questions about the legality of OC and general info about the LTCH than anything, though.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't give a crap about anyone else... I would feel silly not carrying matching pistols. :rolleyes: :D

ETA: Even General Patton rarely carried his Colt and his S&W together despite the movies.

To All,

This is so true. Matching is a requirement. I believe it's even in the Bible.

According the the Book of Rambo Chapter 7, Verse 3:

"Verily I say unto thee who shall go forth unto the world to shepherd the meek, thou shalt carry at thy side a sword with which to defend the Lords flock. And thou shall smite down with great vengance those who would do harm unto the People. Thou shall keep thy sword sharp and keen at all times to cleave thine enemies in twain.

And if thy shield be lost thou shalt pull thy second sword that shall match in all detail thy first sword, so that thou enemies may not tell the two apart. Thus shall equal cleaving be done upon the unrighteous."

So you see your pistols must match if you are going to carry two (2) of them. (Unless the other is a backup, but that is covered in Verse 9 of the Book of Rambo:D.)

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom