concealed_carry.jpg

Found this to be interesting.:draw:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I definitely do some of those. I don't know about that quick adjustment. I periodically pull my whole belt, holster, pistol upwards to keep them from sliding down (not having an arse does not help) which I know makes it pretty obvious if a trained eye was watching.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Yes but I open/casual conceal carry most places and unless I'm pushing the grocery cart I keep my arm at my side with my forearm touching my holster.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I reposition as necessary... I TRY to do it when I'm not near anyone. And if someone's nearby, I turn my weak side to them so they don't see my grip as I readjust my holster n' stuff.

I'm sure that someone trained to look might notice, but as I'm sure we can all imagine, most folks aren't paying attenion one iota. Therefore, it doesn't bother me to have a "tell" or two.

-J-

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I sometimes check to make sure the gun is not riding up in the holster...I don't know why??? It never has. I use an inside the pants holster....but never put it inside my waist band....I put it between the waistband and my belt...I find this more comfortable.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i do the "approach with non-gun side" deal and usually always am in a weaver stance when talking to someone even casually. i like to keep that gun side shaded just a bit. and when walking on the street, mall or wherever i always walk close to the wall with gun side closest to the wall. just little things i have taught myself to do. strange, i know. however, more importantly my LEO background has taught me to look for concealed weapons so sometimes i do look for little "tells" to see if someone is carrying if i suspect. call me crazy but i still look at license plate stickers at red lights to see whos expired. i guess you can take the dog out of the fight but not the fight out of the dog. haha

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Have been guilty of doing all of them. In certain circumstances, have intentionally indicated a tell for mental comfort.

Just the other morning walking the dogs about 5:00 a.m. in dark and ran across intersection with coat unzipped and right hand pressed against hip just for the visual since there was a POS Delta 88 with big spinner rims spending far too much time at a downtown Indianapolis intersection without moving.
    And I doubt they were admiring my blood hound or coon hound.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I do them but luckily we live in a free state where it doesn't matter.

Here is a condensed version of the Jaegerman graphic....she does a lot of these for the NYT.

0002w4-7138.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    When pocket carrying my LCP - then NO.
    When OWB with my 9mm I catch myself doing the quick adjustment check to make sure all is well.

With both types of carry I seem to be pulling my pants up a lot but I do that all the time even when not carrying a handgun so I consider that normal and not revealing behavior for me.
    :)

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    To test the 'running from rain' theory, I set up a big sprinkler out on the sidewalk of a busy street. While I wasn't able to determine if anyone was carrying a gun, an elderly lady did beat the snot out of me with her cane:):

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i adjust every now and again and rest my hand on it when im walking (looks like im holding my side as if it were hurting.)

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    I sometimes catch myself resting my hand or arm on my carry pistol through my shirt or jacket when I'm leaning against a table or ledge. Other than that I try not to have an other tells

Top Bottom