• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Guy I just bought one from didn't and it cost him. :noway:I wouldn't give him his asking price because the bore was ugly. Turns out it just needed cleaning. For 1/2 hour of work he woulda made $50 more.
    Just doesn't make sense to me....:dunno:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It drives me nuts to see all the dirty bores on rifles for sale at the 1500. I'm usually looking at old surplus stuff and it can make a big difference when you cannot see the metal in the bore due to all the crap in it! I know, depending on the type of ammo you shoot a rifle does not need cleaned each time you fire it but to not be able to inspect it leaves it up to faith that the guy isn't just hiding a pitted out bore. It is like a car salesman selling cars with the hood welded shut.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    It drives me nuts to look at a used gun that isnt clean. It makes you wonder how the previous owners gun care was like. If your selling a used gun it just makes sense to clean it if not theres a good chance your not going to get the full price like op mentioned. If your buying a used gun from me you can be assured its going to be clean.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    It's just so disrespectful to sell a dirty gun, deal or no deal. What's worse is when a gun shop does it. I can name a few and those few will NEVER see any money from me and I hope they go out of business soon.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    When I see that I just assume the owner never cleaned it. I mean if you can't take the time to clean it on the day you are selling why would you have taken the time any other day?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I clean my guns whether I am going to sell them or not ;)

I definitely agree... all other things being equal as far as I can tell, a dirty gun is going to bring less $$$ from me than a clean one. It gives me an indication of how someone has treated the item.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I always clean my guns after shooting them, hence they are clean when traded or sold so they bring top dollar. That said, I don't mind buying a dirty gun. I look them over pretty well for fit and function and then chisel the hell out of the asking price.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Guy I just bought one from didn't and it cost him. :noway:I wouldn't give him his asking price because the bore was ugly. Turns out it just needed cleaning. For 1/2 hour of work he woulda made $50 more.
    Just doesn't make sense to me....:dunno:
    Just like someone trying to sell a dirty car,inside and out.You are not going to get what something is worth looking like crap.:twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If it gets fired, it gets cleaned.
    If it sits too long without getting fired, it gets cleaned.
    If it's going up for sale, it gets cleaned.
    :)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can't stand having dirty guns. I keep all of mine clean and ready to go, so I doubt I would ever buy a gun from someone that does not keep it clean, or as in your case it would have to come at a lower price.

Top Bottom