• Do you carry while you are at home?

• Total voters

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I carry at home. Usually because I was carrying wherever I was before I got home. When I'm ready for bed, the pants with my belt, flashlight, spare mag, knife, wallet, cell phone end up next to the bed ready to go.

Now that I tightened the MTAC I don't think I'll drop the P30 on my foot again...... (ouch)

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Same as Lars. If I'm outside of the house carrying then it usually stays on when I get home. Otherwise it is usually in the same room as I am.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I usually take my gun off as soon as I walk in the door, however, there is always a gun within arms reach in my home.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I carry at home. Usually because I was carrying wherever I was before I got home. When I'm ready for bed, the pants with my belt, flashlight, spare mag, knife, wallet, cell phone end up next to the bed ready to go.

Now that I tightened the MTAC I don't think I'll drop the P30 on my foot again...... (ouch)
    I'm having problems with the retention on my MTAC. It is loose when not worn, but tighter than I would like when I wear it. I have the screws almost all the way out too. I'm thinking it may be that my shorts' waist is too tight?

Also, is there any way to add another option to the poll?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm having problems with the retention on my MTAC. It is loose when not worn, but tighter than I would like when I wear it. I have the screws almost all the way out too. I'm thinking it may be that my shorts' waist is too tight?

You might try giving Comp-Tac a call about it. There may actually just be a problem with the holster.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    You might try giving Comp-Tac a call about it. There may actually just be a problem with the holster.
    Adjusting the screws definitely adjusts the retention, it just seems a little more retented? (haha) when I am wearing the holster. I'll try it with a pair of my regular pants and see if that changes anything.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've got the two screws on my MTAC almost completely tight. I want a holster that keeps the gun where I put it, until I remove it. I'm certain if I had an all Kydex holster the draw would be much faster, and re-holstering would be also. I don't find all kydex holsters comfortable to wear all day in my current shape (round)

Took the class today (June 14) with the holster like this and had no trouble with drawing or holstering the pistol.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Adjusting the screws definitely adjusts the retention, it just seems a little more retented? (haha) when I am wearing the holster. I'll try it with a pair of my regular pants and see if that changes anything.

I didn't have to adjust the screws on mine when I got it, however holstering was a little tight at first. Once the leather started to loosen up a bit, it was fine. It's been ok ever since.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I've got the two screws on my MTAC almost completely tight. I want a holster that keeps the gun where I put it, until I remove it. I'm certain if I had an all Kydex holster the draw would be much faster, and re-holstering would be also. I don't find all kydex holsters comfortable to wear all day in my current shape (round)

Took the class today (June 14) with the holster like this and had no trouble with drawing or holstering the pistol.
    I think it may be a combination of the tightness of my waistband (Dickies shorts run small, and they don't have any give) and my belt. I'll see what I can do to rectumfy this situation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I knew I would have the luxury of enough time to reach or move for a weapon in the event of a home invasion or similar emergency, I might rely on guns I had stashed around the house. Unfortunately, I am aware of how suddenly such events happen, and I choose to maximize my chances given whatever reaction time I have. I don't have to think about which room I am in or where I am in the room with respect to whatever guns are there. I just know that it's on my person wherever I go. If I do have the luxury of enough time to move across a room, then I'll have an AR in my hands.

Time to react may be severely limited. Keep that in mind when you choose whether or not to carry on your person when at home.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I almost always carry even when mowing, working in the garden, or whatever. The only time I do not is when I am working in the shop. I am usually crawling under a vehicle, welding, grinding and stuff like that. So I usually just pull it off lay it on the workbench and if welding cover it with a rag to keep the grinding dust off of it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Depending on how I was carrying for the day, that usually determines how I carry out the house. If I haven't left the house yet, then it is either accessible, or I have it in my Fobus holster.

I have a story about this.

My uncle goes to Canada every year for a fishing trip. I live next door to him, and we were having dinner with all of the fish that he had brought back. He has a creek that runs behind his house, and has problems with neighborhood kids walking through his property. While we were eating, I heard my dog barking, and thought I heard some kids. I get up and start walking to the back of the yard. Sure enough, there are some neighborhood kids trying to get around the fence with a NO TRESPASSING sign and conveniently placed barbed wire. As I am walking back, one of them sees me and goes the other way. One of them doesn't see me, and I ask if I can help him. Basically I told him that unless he can walk ON the water, he can't be in the creek. Then I explained the purpose of the NO TRESPASSING sign, the fence, and the barbed wire. He turns and walks away, and he must have whispered something to the other kid that was with him because I heard him say 'Who has a gun?....Who has a gun?'

Suffice to say, they have not been back.

Top Bottom