• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I got a poll question in my email today. I dumped it and have forgotten the name of the organization taking the poll. As I recall it was something to do with guns rights or some such organiztion. I did initially fill it out but did not submit it. After giving it some thought I wondered if it were an anti-gun sight fishing for stats.
    Reason: One of the questions.
    How old are you?
    Do you hunt, are you LEO, do you shoot competively, and so on?
    What is your combined annual income?
    This one got my attention How many rifles, pistols, and shotguns do you have? Here is where the bells and whistles went off and I got out of the poll.

Maybe paranoid but I am now a little more sensitive to such probing questions since the false messiah took the presidency. We are to be wise as serpants yet harmless as doves.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I got a poll question in my email today. I dumped it and have forgotten the name of the organization taking the poll. As I recall it was something to do with guns rights or some such organiztion. I did initially fill it out but did not submit it. After giving it some thought I wondered if it were an anti-gun sight fishing for stats.

I have a hard time believing that poll came from a legitimate gun rights organization like the NRA or the GOA. After all, they are always talking about how the 2nd Amendment is being infringed upon and then they go asking personal questions like that?

Hey, maybe is was ACORN performing a "community service" for the incoming presidential administration in order to help Barack Obama "rule" better? :): (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Bobby

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Reason: One of the questions.
    How old are you?
    Do you hunt, are you LEO, do you shoot competively, and so on?
    What is your combined annual income?
    This one got my attention How many rifles, pistols, and shotguns do you have? Here is where the bells and whistles went off and I got out of the poll.

Maybe paranoid but I am now a little more sensitive to such probing questions since the false messiah took the presidency. We are to be wise as serpants yet harmless as doves.

Keep trusting your instincts.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    ACORN never crossed my mind but that is feasable.

Rafterman.......That has paid off in the past so I will do as you recommend. Thanks

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, call me paranoid, but I'd have to agree with you on that poll, questions like that are huge red flags to me. There's no f'ing way I'd send that poll in to anyone. Seems like a great way for some Second Amendment haters to take advantage of unwitting gun owners, whether it be for media purposes or for some sort of informal inventory. I always catch hell from everyone telling me how paranoid I am all of the time, but it seems to work in my favor in one way or another. :twocents:

Top Bottom