• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While it’s great to have choices. For me if I could only have 1 Centerfire handgun it would be hard to beat a 3 or 4” 38/357. While bonded bullets are all the rage the old 38 special 158 LSWCHP is still had to beat. And as a retired dude just trying to get home from Walmart I’ll probably not need the bonded stuff as the circumstances that I’d be justified at shooting through a windshield isn’t even there.

I'll have to look into that 158 LSWCHP. Meanwhile, I have been carrying this round, though my speed strip has JHP as these would tear up my pocket.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'll have to look into that 158 LSWCHP. Meanwhile, I have been carrying this round, though my speed strip has JHP as these would tear up my pocket.
    The Honey Badger actually does decent as it Yaws and causes a temp wound cavity however I’m not aware of any actual shootings but it looks like it could be a good round.

For a Snub I like the 148 target Wadcutters as that’s an old school proven stopper. I know there are mixed results on expanding out of snubs with the 158 LSWCHP but as the article Remington has the softest lead and didn’t seem to notice and worked in a 1 7/8th or a 4” all the same. That said high thoracic with whatever and not sure the BG will tell the difference

Top Bottom