• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Just curious if anyone out there has made such a thing. I have multiple presses and don't really want to drill mounting holes in my nice workbench. I have plenty of steel around i could cut and make a stand similar to the Dillon strong mount but with multiple holes to mount various presses.
    i would want to mount lee 1000, rcbs single stage, dillon 750 and a dillon square deal.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Gavintoob on youtube uses T Tracks on his workbench to swap out presses. I used it for awhile and it was solid, but I moved to a dedicated bench rather than tying up my workbench. Too often I needed to reload in the middle of a woodworking project, and the T Tracks collected dirt and dropped fasteners...

Lee makes a bench plate kit to allow swapping presses, but then you always have a bracket on the top of the workbench, but might be an easy way to fab something like a single strong mount, attach the kit to the top of that, and the adapter plates to all your presses. May have to drill some holes, but I assume that isn't an issue where you mentioned fabbing something.
    --Rick

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I never put that much into it. I bolt the press to a piece of 2x10 and use deep throat C clamps to hold it. On occasion, I have clamped a press to the back of a vehicle, a table at the range, to a black&decker workmate, my kitchen counter and my desk.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's nothing fancy, and I could have made it prettier, but it gets the job done, it's easy to swap, and it's solid.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I never put that much into it. I bolt the press to a piece of 2x10 and use deep throat C clamps to hold it. On occasion, I have clamped a press to the back of a vehicle, a table at the range, to a black&decker workmate, my kitchen counter and my desk.
    I do this as well. Before we sold the house, my reloading room was in an office in the basement. I used a nice wood desk thst I didn't want to put holes in. Plus, I could quickly tear down when I need the desk space for other things.

Reactions: Leo

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I use a Harbor Freight bench grinder stand with a 12"x12"x1/4" plate bolted to the top. I have my RCBS Summit bolted onto the plate/through the top of the stand. There's less give with this setup than when I had it bolted it onto my workbench with a 2" butcher block top, and its somewhat mobile.

Reactions: Leo

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I bolt my presses to an oak 1x. That fits a slot at the back of the bench and C-clamp the front. Sturdier than most benches of guys on youtube. Easily swappable and moveable but not very compact though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom