• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Just curious if anyone out there has made such a thing. I have multiple presses and don't really want to drill mounting holes in my nice workbench. I have plenty of steel around i could cut and make a stand similar to the Dillon strong mount but with multiple holes to mount various presses.
    i would want to mount lee 1000, rcbs single stage, dillon 750 and a dillon square deal.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Gavintoob on youtube uses T Tracks on his workbench to swap out presses. I used it for awhile and it was solid, but I moved to a dedicated bench rather than tying up my workbench. Too often I needed to reload in the middle of a woodworking project, and the T Tracks collected dirt and dropped fasteners...

Lee makes a bench plate kit to allow swapping presses, but then you always have a bracket on the top of the workbench, but might be an easy way to fab something like a single strong mount, attach the kit to the top of that, and the adapter plates to all your presses. May have to drill some holes, but I assume that isn't an issue where you mentioned fabbing something.
    --Rick

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I never put that much into it. I bolt the press to a piece of 2x10 and use deep throat C clamps to hold it. On occasion, I have clamped a press to the back of a vehicle, a table at the range, to a black&decker workmate, my kitchen counter and my desk.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's nothing fancy, and I could have made it prettier, but it gets the job done, it's easy to swap, and it's solid.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I never put that much into it. I bolt the press to a piece of 2x10 and use deep throat C clamps to hold it. On occasion, I have clamped a press to the back of a vehicle, a table at the range, to a black&decker workmate, my kitchen counter and my desk.
    I do this as well. Before we sold the house, my reloading room was in an office in the basement. I used a nice wood desk thst I didn't want to put holes in. Plus, I could quickly tear down when I need the desk space for other things.

Reactions: Leo

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I use a Harbor Freight bench grinder stand with a 12"x12"x1/4" plate bolted to the top. I have my RCBS Summit bolted onto the plate/through the top of the stand. There's less give with this setup than when I had it bolted it onto my workbench with a 2" butcher block top, and its somewhat mobile.

Reactions: Leo

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I bolt my presses to an oak 1x. That fits a slot at the back of the bench and C-clamp the front. Sturdier than most benches of guys on youtube. Easily swappable and moveable but not very compact though.

Top Bottom