• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim-g19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Charlestown
    I met 3 very disrespectful young men today at a south side McDonalds. I went in to order and when I was in line the 3 where leacing and one shouted the F bomb 3 times , It was loud enough that no one could ignore it in the dining area. Anyhow they left and I ordered and left. They had only relocated out to a patio table and a Blue haired fellow with metal tusks coming out his bottom lip was bothering a lone woman in the drive though line. She left and against me judgement because I knew it would be on deaf ears I thought Id say how disrespectful to all the families and people inside it was to shout profanity like that. I was answered with more choice words. Ive come to the conclusion that if you stay calm and dont bite when pravoked it ussually ticks people like that off, and I believe I succeded in making them mad at me.

I got caught at the light about 50yrds from the McDonalds waiting to turn onto 31. when Low and behold 2 of the gentlemen appeared across the street still yelling at me, it was then I checked my mirrors and Blue hair was crossing the street in my blind spot, I calmy said "I see you back there buddy." and he stopped and backed off to the far side of the road.

I dont know if it was deliberate or not, but it was a smooth thing they tried.

It caught me off guard alittle though and I wanted to share the story with you all.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First, good for you, sounds like you handled it well. This is a great example of awareness alone winning the fight before it started.

Unfortunately this is not a new tactic. a few guys have been teaching the if you see 1 there's 2, and if you see 2 there's 4 theroy of criminal assualt. Trouble is, those people are few and far between, and most students don't want to hear that kind of thing.

I think I first heard this kind of thing at a SouthNarc course many moons ago. He tells a story to drive the point home. When he was working undercover on a buy one night, he was working the dealer when there was a knock on the passsenger window. It suprized him, and he turned to look at who was knocking. That's when the dealer hit him in the head and took the money. Not exactly how I would want to learn the lesson but I never forgot it.

Again, great job,

Tinman....

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    nicely handled, tim. tinman is spot on with his comment. when your back hairs stand up, you really need to maintain 360 degree awareness. nature shows us that pack animals hunt this way and we need to realize that is what you were dealing with. even when you've dealt with the primary threat, movement to 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock, with the primary threat down, will allow easier and more positive 360 scan for more threats. keep in mind that the primary threat is down prior to making this prograde movement and the movement is still off the axis of the primary threat.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    a few guys have been teaching the if you see 1 there's 2, and if you see 2 there's 4 theroy of criminal assualt. Trouble is, those people are few and far between.

I guess I've been fortunate that all the instructors I've trained with have drilled this notion into their students. It has been expressed and stressed in different ways, but the basic theory is the same. FR&I probably did the best job with their "rule of +1". If there's one badguy, there's probably at least two. If the badguy has one weapon, he's probably got at least two, etc. This "mental note," integrated with good situational awareness and post-engagement threat scans, will help avoid a lot of "surprises."

Always assume the worst, and always assume there is someone else to fight.

Top Bottom