• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok...I'm having problems with my dishwasher. I've had it about 6 or so years. Never had a problem with it. Tonight we loaded it up and started it. After it 'ran' through a cycle we went to empty it and put more dirty dishes in and everything was still dirty. I looked closer and noticed that the dishwasher detergent was all piled up in the bottom dry as a bone. I tried starting it again and checked to make sure it was filling and no dice. It wasn't filling and I wasn't hearing the valve open to fill it either. We used it just fine this morning so I'm not thinking it was frozen. (The drain and water lines are in the warm environment).
    My question is this: does it sound like the valve? And if so is it worth calling someone to come look and replace it. Or would I be better off looking at a new one. The wife (LadyGhost) has looked and found one she likes for about $300. I'd hate to spend say $200ish on a repair for something that might not last a whole lot longer.

G

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When my dishwasher acts up I usually buy her flowers or take her out to dinner.
    biggrin.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok...I'm having problems with my dishwasher. I've had it about 6 or so years. Never had a problem with it. Tonight we loaded it up and started it. After it 'ran' through a cycle we went to empty it and put more dirty dishes in and everything was still dirty. I looked closer and noticed that the dishwasher detergent was all piled up in the bottom dry as a bone. I tried starting it again and checked to make sure it was filling and no dice. It wasn't filling and I wasn't hearing the valve open to fill it either. We used it just fine this morning so I'm not thinking it was frozen. (The drain and water lines are in the warm environment).
    My question is this: does it sound like the valve? And if so is it worth calling someone to come look and replace it. Or would I be better off looking at a new one. The wife (LadyGhost) has looked and found one she likes for about $300. I'd hate to spend say $200ish on a repair for something that might not last a whole lot longer.

G

I don't know if this is the same problem, but I had a fuse on a circuit board go bad on mine. Looked it up, and it's a common problem on dishwashers.
    Don't even get me started on Engineers and design problems.
    Made sure everything was dry, changed fuse.
    Ran dishwasher while supervising to make sure nothing happened. No problems. If it would have blown again, then I'd have been looking at boards.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well. I open the cabinet door where the water and drain lines are and left it for a couple of hours. I decided to try it again And the damn thing worked. Either it was clogged and the clogged worked it's way out, the water froze up a bit, of I have gremlins. I'm leaning towards gremlins since my house is haunted already.....bottom line is the damn thing is working again.

Top Bottom