• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Two weeks ago this Tuesday. I started the process of getting my LTCH. I chose to use L-1 for a faster turn around.
    Called today to check the status as others on INGO have received theirs in less time than I have been waiting. The state told me they have not yet received anything from Muncie PD.
    Called Muncie PD and was told the Chief has been out for two weeks and none have been processed. Asked when the Chief was excepted to return and how soon I could expect my application to be forwarded to the state and was told "I don't know."

Maybe it's just me, but it is very frustrating to take a couple hours off from work to complete this process as quickly as possible, just to hear that Muncie PD has done nothing with it.

When I paid my fee to Muncie PD, the lady told me that I should have my license within two weeks. I guess the best thing is to have no expectation of service that way you do not get disappointed!

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's not very surprising though. :( I lived in Muncie for three years while in school, not the most together place sometimes.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I did not have a problem when I did mine. I filled out the application online, then went down and got my prints done, she said they were already downtown Indy! Less than 3 weeks later had my license!

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    I completed my applications and paid the fees on May 3rd. I received several emails from the state saying the did not have anything from the Muncie PD yet. i called them and they said they were working on it. I am still waiting on my LTCH.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    A large portion of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind takes place in Muncie

So close encounter with your LTCH? :rolleyes: Maybe THEY took the Police Chief?

21cd1380b51e46b1abcec419e56b3a88.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Has anyone contacted the Mayor's officer, to ascertain why the Police Department isn't fulfilling their obligations? Even if it means appearing at a council meeting, and have it become part of the public record.

If the Mayor won't, I'm sure that there are some lawyers that would be glad to assist.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Last time a Renewed My permit it took 9 weeks, good luck. The first time I applied for a LTCH it took 13 weeks. So I would be happy if I got it in two weeks like some now.

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I completed my applications and paid the fees on May 3rd. I received several emails from the state saying the did not have anything from the Muncie PD yet. i called them and they said they were working on it. I am still waiting on my LTCH.

Did you use L-1 for fingerprinting of have Muncie PD do it?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Last time a Renewed My permit it took 9 weeks, good luck. The first time I applied for a LTCH it took 13 weeks. So I would be happy if I got it in two weeks like some now.

When was that though?

I renewed for a lifetime back when they were experiencing massive delays. Before they had L1. My experience would hardly be representative of current processes. (Back before they asked such nosy questions about mental health too.)

JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    Muncie is usually very quick when processing a LTCH form, mine took 7 days from fingerprinting to getting it in the mail. My cousin's took less than 2 weeks after being printed in April. It could just be that the chief is the only one in the department authorized to give the OK. Delaware County sheriff was also quick when I got my first LTCH before I moved to Muncie.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If the chief is gone (vacation, business, whatever), someone has to be authorized to act in his absence. The PD doesn't just shut down does it?????

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I got mine through Muncie as well, and was never met with a positive attitude by anyone. One lady even voiced her opinion that she didn't like handing out licenses to people because it endangered police.

I think it took three weeks to get mine, after some people said it took a matter of days.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got mine through Muncie as well, and was never met with a positive attitude by anyone. One lady even voiced her opinion that she didn't like handing out licenses to people because it endangered police.

I think it took three weeks to get mine, after some people said it took a matter of days.

You should have asked her how many police have been shot by licensed carriers.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    We completed the online forms for my wife's Lifetime License and went in to the PD to do the finger prints as it seemed something would always come up with her job (hospice RN) when she would try to go do the electronic. The man who helped us in the office was GREAT. He knew I was CCing and still invited the both of us into the office behind the security glass and doors to do her prints. He was very talkative and was very pro carry. He thought it was awesome that my pregnant wife was getting her license. Older gentleman very family oriented. I have always had a good experience with getting my licenses renewed. I even got a special certificate from the Shelbyville Police Chief when I was 6-7 years old. It was some kind of certificate he came up with for me at the time that said I could carry my little plastic BB pistol. He was a close fmily friend and my dad had went in to get his license renewed or something. that was roughly 28-30 years ago. Since I screwed up and didn't get my lifetime the last time I will be getting it this next time around.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    Still waiting. I applied May 3rd I think it was but i don't know when they sent in the local application.

Last edited:

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    So I originally applied for my LTCH on May 3rd. I thought I would call the MPD since it is taking so long. The person there told me they submitted it to the state on July 27th. Almost 3 months to go to the state? :(

Top Bottom