• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    The 1 I seen on there is in stock for 619. If you could get bigger mags and use AR furniture it would be sweet. I like how it looks also.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I like it even more now....I don't like the carry handle....looks like the handle can be takin off....would like to know for sure....I like the Russians sight system better.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Gun Test magazine didn't like it (reliability)....for the same $$ get the Russian AK base model.
    More accessories, more mags etc...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Gun Test magazine didn't like it (reliability)....for the same $$ get the Russian AK base model.
    More accessories, more mags etc...

Buddy bought one, bad parts right out of the box, had to be replaced....was not impressed. Never been a fan of the AK looks, plus the Saiga we get don't look like the AK's in Russia, magazine too far forward, just doesn't look right to me. Would like to find a INGO who has one an see what they think of it as far as reliabilty is though.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Buddy bought one, bad parts right out of the box, had to be replaced....was not impressed. Never been a fan of the AK looks, plus the Saiga we get don't look like the AK's in Russia, magazine too far forward, just doesn't look right to me. Would like to find a INGO who has one an see what they think of it as far as reliabilty is though.

Actually, the trigger group is moved BACK towards the rear of the weapon. This is because the Saiga's have a traditional stock, rather than a pistol grip. The trigger group on a Saiga is located back where the pistol grip is on a regular AK.

Magazine is located in the same place on the receiver as it always is.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good luck getting a Saiga 12 for less than $800 now, unfortunately.

We sell the base guns for $649.95, and converted ones for less than a grand. KVAR is advertising the SGL12-07 in the pictured configuration for $799.00. That's a steal for a factory converted Saiga-12.
    sgl1207.png

The Akdal gun leaves a lot to be desired as it comes from the factory, but if it has staying power in the market, a cottage industry could spring up around modifying it into something more robust and reliable, much like what happened with the Saigas.

Tony Rumore at Tromix is already doing his thing with them...
    http://www.tromix.com/mka-parts.htm

Personally, although I would kill for a good shotgun with AR-15 ergonomics and manual of arms, I just can't get behind the Akdal. With the price of base guns being about equal and with the Saiga having a MUCH wider variety of parts/accessories/services available, not to mention a better overall build quality, I gotta stick with the Russians.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm not a fan of the MKA1919. The bedazzled selector was enough to turn me off (fake ruby for safe)

There are several other issues but the main issue i have is the grip, stock and lower are all one piece. There have been a few companies such as tromix and krebs that have made some cool revisions/parts for to the platform, but i'm still not sold. To add a different stock you have to saw off the current one and install an ace adapter to use either a collapsing or folding stock.

This one is from salem 6
    MKA%201919_1.jpg

The was one of the first cool adaptations but i forget the company...something about birds or something
    6299300439_78992ecfb9.jpg

Other than the above i'm not impressed. I would much rather have a Vepr12
    vepr12_3.jpg

Saiga 030
    saiga12_030.jpg

or a converted 109
    saiga.jpg

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I owned one. Reliability.was fine if you used high brass or slugs. The handle is detachable the gun overall looks like plastic and it was a pain in the rear to do a complete takedown

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    I oredered one when I first saw them and I love it. I've put well over 100 rounds through and haven't any any issues with it. My brother also ordered one after firing mine and also hasn't had any issues with his.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Firebird tricks them out really well for a 3-gun competition and is currently working on making an aluminum lower I believe...my dad bought one for his 3-gun shottie so this is second hand info. They are also machining mags and different parts to get it running well. Give it some time for someone else to come up with good replacement parts and it will be a great gun.
    Very lightweight by the way and fast to shoot.

Top Bottom