• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What are people's thoughts about the Hornady Auto Charge Pro, Lyman Gen6/7, or the RCBS ChargeMaster Link scale/dispenser? Looking to get one of the three but not sure which is best/last the longest.....

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    For what it is worth I use two RCBS Chargemasters, and would recommend it.
    There's a new charger in town, for precision shooters.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I use the RCBS Charge Master Lite. It's easy to use and has given me good service. Just be sure to let it warm up 15-20 minutes after powering it on before calibrating and using it.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Even when used inside the house?
    "Warming up" is my term for it. The manual instructs you to power it on, place one of the supplied 50 gram weights on the scale and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before calibrating it. If you watch it, the scale display will slowly drift for about 15 minutes before stabilizing.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    "Warming up" is my term for it. The manual instructs you to power it on, place one of the supplied 50 gram weights on the scale and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before calibrating it. If you watch it, the scale display will slowly drift for about 15 minutes before stabilizing.
    That's kinda weird

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    That's kinda weird
    Many electronic scales will require some stabilization time once powered on. They all have their pros/cons and idiosyncrasies. It's good that you are seeking opinions so you can sort through that stuff before you plunk down your hard earned money on one.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    The Hornady overcharges about 50% of the time. There are setting's to stop this, they are a pain to set. The setting's are lost when you unplug the scale.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Many electronic scales will require some stabilization time once powered on. They all have their pros/cons and idiosyncrasies. It's good that you are seeking opinions so you can sort through that stuff before you plunk down your hard earned money on one.
    Definitely a fair bit of money at play, so far, the RCBS chargemaster lite/link is seeming like a good deal....One quirk about the hornady that I've noticed is the display always shows the round count. That would bug me, I rather see the current weight then how many rounds I've measured out

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I've had pretty good luck with a Lyman Gen6. Purchased it from Brownells on sale specifically due to Brownells 100% warranty. Had to use the warranty on the first unit but second unit has been working for about 5 years. Haven't used it much during last two years though. Its all about the warranty on something like this. YMMV.

Top Bottom