• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echestnet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Martinsville
    I am looking to buy a 9mm Sig 226. Looking at the specs of the different 226 models they are all the same. Weight, trigger pulls, size, barrel length are all the same whether its it the Legion series or base 226. Can anyone tell me what is the big difference between the models.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yeah, I have been jonesing over the Legion SAO for a while now. I keep telling the guys at Tim's in Westfield that they are going to have be ordering me one of those real soon.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I am looking to buy a 9mm Sig 226. Looking at the specs of the different 226 models they are all the same. Weight, trigger pulls, size, barrel length are all the same whether its it the Legion series or base 226. Can anyone tell me what is the big difference between the models.

The Stainless Elite models are all-steel, and heavy. If you want light recoil and something to run fast, this is your gun.

The SRT models have a shorter trigger reset, but not worth the money in my opinion. If you shoot fast run & gun USPSA stuff, you'll overblow that reset when you let go of the trigger anyway and never notice it, and if you're a slower "pew pew" plinker type shooter, then you have plenty of time to manage the reset of the normal base-model trigger, which is decent in its own right.

The rest of the model variations are just fluff, in my opinion. The Legions are nice, but in my opinion, they're just a way of soaking more money out of suckers. I've noticed some dealers getting very heavy in their stock of Legion models, and not having as many of the regular models. That's a shame, because the base, $900 Sig 226 is just a very, very good gun and you don't really need much more.

Just my $0.02. Not trying to tick off the people who spent big coin on the Legion. Just trying to keep it real here.

Top Bottom