• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    There has to be an easier way to lock down the dies on a turret press. What's the trick?

I am currently using Hornady LNL lock rings on my dies but the problem is I can't get into the allen screw to tighten them down unless I remove all the neighboring dies. Seems like no matter how hard I try, the allen screw is always in a bad spot to get to. Also since the LNL lock rings are rather large, and there's not much room between, I can't get a wrench in there to loosen the dies to remove them. Seems like everytime I try, I end up messing up my adjustments.

I like the design of the LNL rings but maybe there's a better alternative to use with a turret press?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Try the LEE locking rings.
    They set by putting tension between the die and a rubber O-Ring set into the face on the ring.
    Not quite as positive a grip as the allen-key style, but work fine for me.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There has to be an easier way to lock down the dies on a turret press. What's the trick?

I am currently using Hornady LNL lock rings on my dies but the problem is I can't get into the allen screw to tighten them down unless I remove all the neighboring dies. Seems like no matter how hard I try, the allen screw is always in a bad spot to get to. Also since the LNL lock rings are rather large, and there's not much room between, I can't get a wrench in there to loosen the dies to remove them. Seems like everytime I try, I end up messing up my adjustments.

I like the design of the LNL rings but maybe there's a better alternative to use with a turret press?

Can you cut a bit off of the short end of the allen key to get in there better?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I believe the proper nut size is 7/8 x 29. I was going to pick up some thinner nuts to use on the 550 when using Lee dies. The Lee and RCBS nut are a little thick.

Top Bottom