• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Went to dicks near brighton co today and was asking the manager some questions about AR15s and if he thought they would ever be selling them.

He said all rifles resembling AR15s had been sent back including 22lr,with the exception of the remington R25s in 308,he said he assumes that it's because the are full stocked and camoed and bear closer resemblance to a hunting rifle.

He thinks the R25s will be back on the shelf soon.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well it's their store and they can do what they like. I had considered getting a few things there before but they can forget it now. I'll stick with my LGS's who don't cut and run.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ill never set foot in one of their stores again. I don't care if they bring AR platform rifles back or not.

I've personally hated them since the bought Gallyans and closed them down. Gallyans was a great store, I miss that place

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Goodbye to Dick's Sporting Goods! Used to buy my running shoes there, along with workout gear and a little ammo. After reading of their treatment of those who bought Black Friday Troy rifles and then pulling all those "evil" semi-autos, no more business from me.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    No more for me. They did it purely for greed purposes!!! What better way than to get your logo plastered all over the news channels. What I can't get from my local gun store, I can get the rest of my sporting goods online. Shame on Dicks for grandstanding!!!!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Was that a gallyans in the caslelton mall,before it was Dicks?

Yes it was. I picked up a part time job there one winter at the gun counter back around 2000. It was a great place. After the switch, I talked to several people who still worked at that store and they all disliked the new management. Not many of them stayed on for long.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The story I heard was that when Galyan's built the store in the Castleton Mall, they took out a huge mortgage. Dick's was converting a store further down 82nd street at the corner of Allisonville Rd.

Dick's owners decided to kill the competition by buying out the mortgage and forcing Galyan's to pay up which they couldn't. Dick's then took over the Galyan's stores as payment, and it was never the same.

Because of the way Dick's took over Galyan's in such a hostile maneuver is why I will never shop at their store. They didn't carry over the handguns that Galyan's sold, and now they are selling out to political correctness are just more reasons I am glad I don't shop there.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have no problem with Dick's. Thy are one of the best over priced sporting good merchandise stores in Indy. Yjey won the capitolism game against Gaylons fair and square. Its funny to listen to y'all whine about freedom of business and amti-gov regulations and all, then when the dark side of business roots it ugly head in your city you cry over it.

Do I shop there...? Rarely, and less than rarely for gun stuff. I'll buy my over priced crap on line for whole sale and my gun stuff from LGS for a palletable markup for a good cause.

But you won't here me cry over the circle of life as it pertains to the free market.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    But you won't here me cry over the circle of life as it pertains to the free market.

People like to root for the little guy. In this case the little guy got crushed. Its sad to some people because they personally felt vested in the smaller stores. Example would be LGS with ARs for 1000, and Walmart with ARs for 900, some people take pride in the fact that they spent extra because it made them feel good "supporting" the little guy LGS.

Top Bottom